CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®


GEA's Global HVAC Technology Blog Blog

GEA's Global HVAC Technology Blog

GEA's Global HVAC Technology Blog covers a range of topics including:

  • Core HVAC Technologies
  • Technology & Patent Evaluation
  • Manufacturing Technologies
  • Product Quality Improvement
  • Materials/Failures/Corrosion
  • Product/Technology Commercialization
  • Business Strategy Development
  • New Factory Design & Equipment

We'll draw upon our range of experts to provide comments, insights, technical articles and a little humor from time to time

We encourage your participation and feedback!

Previous in Blog: New High Efficiency Refrigerants for Low Pressure Chillers  
Close
Close
Close

Heating and Cooling Equipment Data Released

Posted June 17, 2016 1:00 AM by geanorm
Pathfinder Tags: global hvac hvac industry trends

AHRI released U.S. shipment data for the month of April, 2016 for residential and commercial heating and cooling equipment below 65 MBH. Shipments continue to lag those of 2015.

April 2016

U.S. shipments of central air conditioners and air-source heat pumps totaled 637,260 units in April 2016, down 5.4 % from April 2015. U.S. shipments of air conditioners decreased 3.2 % from April 2015. U.S. shipments of air-source heat pumps decreased 9.9 percent to 195,799 units, down from April 2015.


YTD

Year-to-date combined shipments of central air conditioners and air-source heat pumps decreased 3.7 % compared to April 2015 YTD. Shipments of central air conditioners decreased 2.4 % from the same period in 2015. The year-to-date total for heat pump shipments decreased 6.1 % from units shipped during the same period in 2015

Additional information can be found at the AHRI website.

Editor's Note: CR4 would like to thank GEA Consulting's President, Larry Butz,, for contributing this blog entry, originally appearing at http://www.gea-consulting.com/hvac-blog

Reply

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Blog: New High Efficiency Refrigerants for Low Pressure Chillers  

Advertisement