CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Project - Better Aftermarket Parking Sensors   Next in Forum: Dust Sensor Calculation
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Active Contributor

Remote SIP Phone on FreePBX Asterisk

05/13/2015 11:29 AM

Good morning all, since a few days i got a headache whit that issue.

The following lines are my case :
Asterisk server has a fix IP @ on the network : 192.168.1.110 so i use FreePBX to configure these different files , SIP / Extension ... An employee is in vacation so he wants to use his extension even when home, in SIP configuration i made a bit modification and put NAT set to Yes for this feature, the public IP @ is configure in the router's interface and on NAT Firewall these ports are forwarded 5060 ; 10002 - 10006 pointed to the IP @ address of the Asterisk server which is 192.168.1.110 but the SIP Remote phone does not work . I know i miss a lot of things !!! If someone has already experience this feature please help me...
One last question,does only the router that hosted the PBX server i need to configure for NAT firewall,what about to the other , the home router ?
Thanks !

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 158

Re: Remote SIP Phone on FreePBX Asterisk

05/13/2015 12:07 PM

Putting your IP address, and the ports that are opened, on a public forum is probably not a good idea.

Try this: Get away from software that has the word "Free" as part of it's name, and hire a consultant.

In reply to #1

05/13/2015 12:35 PM

Thank you very much,however these ports are changes into my /etc/rtp.conf but anyway i keep your advice,

I have advice that i must set NAT on both router, has an better !!!

Thanks !

I discard this "Get away from software that has the word "Free" as part of it's name, and hire a consultant"

Register to Reply
Guru
Canada - Member - If there is a way to screw someting up, there is someone to do so! Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 137
In reply to #1

05/13/2015 1:37 PM

The IP he mentioned is non-routable private IP space inside his own network , as such, publishing it without a real world IP offers no security risk.

Canada - Member - If there is a way to screw someting up, there is someone to do so! Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 137

05/13/2015 1:54 PM

The router at the client end may or may not NAt the public IP to private space. So NAT may not be what you need to do.

However... the ports must be forwarded on the client router as well to the proper machine on the closed side of the router at the remote site and allow for outgoing traffic on the ports as well. I would allow both TCP and UDP packets to be passed.

Good Answers: 1598

05/13/2015 4:50 PM

Read the operator's manual or call the tech service people of the manufacturer.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Kilowatt0 (1); lyn (1); North of 60 (2); tevoip (1)

Previous in Forum: Project - Better Aftermarket Parking Sensors   Next in Forum: Dust Sensor Calculation

Advertisement