CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®
Login | Register for Engineering Community (CR4)

Previous in Forum: Carbon Brush   Next in Forum: Paint Line Continuous Improvement
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Participant

Gas Manifolds without Valves

07/16/2015 10:03 AM

Hey guys,

I work at a start-up company in Columbus, Ohio. We are currently designing and building a new natural gas compressor. I am looking into different manifolds we could use for our application. I have been able to track down solenoid valve manifolds, but would also like to see if there are high pressure gas manifolds without any valves. I have been having issues finding a manifold without valves that can meet our pressure requirements of 4500 psi. The manifold also preferably needs 1 inlet (SAE 6) and 4 outlets (SAE 6). Does anyone know where I can find something like this? Preferably near Ohio, where we are located.

Thanks,

Adam

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 3

Re: Gas Manifolds without Valves

07/16/2015 10:06 AM

Try parker search

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 730

07/16/2015 11:38 AM

You might also try searching "hydraulic manifolds". The size and pressure range you mention are common in hydraulics.

United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 61

07/16/2015 11:49 AM

Here's an idea, if your capable of designing and building NG compressors, why not design and build your own HP manifolds? That way you can build them with or without valves and what ever thread size you desire or require?

Technical Fields - Project Managers & Project Engineers - New Member

Good Answers: 73

07/16/2015 1:01 PM

http://www.daman.com/catalog/pdf/headersandjunctions/Header%20Manifolds%20-%200%20Degree%20Design.pdf

Steel versions rated at 5k PSI.

Oh, and as others have mentioned, a manifold is just a chunk of machined material. Draw your own that fits your new design and, if you don't have machining capabilities in-house, shop it out.

Do you have an experienced designer working with you?

Good Answers: 720

07/16/2015 3:10 PM

Isn't a manifold without any valves on it basically just a pipe with fittings/ports welded to it?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 263

07/16/2015 4:54 PM

Any high pressure manifold that has porting for valves can do. Just plate over the ports for the valve. You can find the plate from the manifold manufacture. They may have a ported plate that will feed thru to the A and B outputs. I have only seen blank plates that block off all the ports. If not have one made.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 201

07/23/2015 11:50 PM

If you are not interested in doing it yourself, as some have suggested, look in the Columbus yellow pages, business directory and a Google search. There are numerous shops in the Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Akron, Canton, Cleveland (basically I-71 corridor) that would want to take on designing and manufacturing what you want. There is a lot of high tech and rust belt industries there, take advantage of it.

Good Luck, Old Salt

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

dj95401 (1); JavaHead (1); Kulas (1); old salt (1); ozzb (1); tcmtech (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: Carbon Brush   Next in Forum: Paint Line Continuous Improvement

Advertisement