CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Alternatives to Drill & Blast Mining?   Next in Forum: I Want the Data for the Earth and Short Circuit Data in DC System
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Active Contributor

Continuous Miners in Rock Salt Mining

08/14/2015 6:39 AM

Is there anybody who can share their experience of using 'Continuous Miners' in Rock Salt mining?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1598

Re: Continuous Miners in Rock Salt Mining

08/14/2015 2:22 PM

Rock salt miners may be able to.

I don't think there are any here.

You might check with equipment suppliers.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 15

08/14/2015 11:08 PM

Waving my own flag .....I WON the 2014 Australian Mining Prospect Awards in innovative mining solutions with a 3D down-the-hole high water pressure drilling/cutting system. The technology could help in your continuous, automated and safer mining. As an intro, look at the powerpoint at the top of website ...

http://www.columbusgroup.org

My father survived a rock fall and had a passion for automation plus safety in mining hence the stimulus for the technology. The cartoon of my father was drawn in 1953, when the particular mine was 60 years old. The Kalgoorlie Superpit still continues today, more than 122 years on. Colin YATES also was a strong supporter of the Royal Flying Doctor Service based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia ... and this first Beechcraft Baron twin was named after him in 1963.

Automated mining could be important when the Superpit mine ceases in 4 years at a depth around 500m .... leaving an assayed deposit of 5km x 3km x 1km of known gold bearing ore where automated mining may be important.

Good Answers: 28

08/15/2015 7:56 AM

Brine mining, they use it in potash and probably others.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Don from Oz (1); lyn (1); roy hammy (1)

Previous in Forum: Alternatives to Drill & Blast Mining?   Next in Forum: I Want the Data for the Earth and Short Circuit Data in DC System

Advertisement