CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Mobile Application for Engineering Notes   Next in Forum: Nasser Zaky, Logistics Senior Manager, Ezz steel Company, Egypt
Close
Close
Close
10 comments
Participant

Engineering Management Education

08/16/2015 4:32 PM

Hi, My name is Victoria and I am new here. Currently I am a Synopsys student at Armenia and I am going to do my master degree in US next year. Just looking for good universities to study engineering management, and it is important for me to find a university where I can have a chance for full scholarship. Can you help me with you advices which university to choice for best engineering management education.

Best,

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 210

Re: Engineering management education.

08/16/2015 6:50 PM
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1588

Re: Engineering management education.

08/16/2015 7:58 PM

Victoria,

Welcome to CR4.

My suggestion is that you put together a list of universities you might want to attend (and why), a list of your qualifications when you apply, your desires for a university (academic and social), what you want to be qualified to do when you graduate from the university and the fields you are interested in working in when you graduate.

Do not mention a desired salary at this point.

We know nothing about you except your name. It will be very difficult to advise you further.

Good luck.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1129

Re: Engineering Management Education

08/16/2015 10:44 PM

I would try to locate the student counseling department associated with the Synopsys program in your area....Failing that I would look to your instructors for guidance...or students on a similar path, could form a networking group to share information....or some recent alumni that have chosen a similar path....actually probably all of the above...to be a good manager you need to be a good organizer and leader...

Australia - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 16

08/17/2015 1:25 AM

I was always told that the first 10 years after you graduate you do engineering. After that, if you are any good, you do management and the only reason you need any engineering knowledge is to be able to understand what your Juniors are talking about.

The other thing I was told is you know when you are a Senior Engineer when you contacts list has more lawyers on it than engineering contractors.

I hope this helps with your engineering career.

BAB

Good Answers: 25

08/17/2015 7:46 AM

I understand these are two different subjects. You should be engineer first to do Engineering Management. Do you mean MBA? Masters in Business Management. You can do MBA after completing your degree in Synopsys.

Anonymous Poster #1

08/17/2015 8:00 AM

I was once built from scratch, but...now... a trash.

Probably, there's a lot of successful built from scratch managers out here.

They learn the real thing in the field and their office.

If your good in handling people and you don't mind to be a legalist and numb on peoples real needs and concerns. I bet you will be a successful manager..

When money is there, your most probable inclination is there also.

The world is run with money now...only few remains true and unattached with things.

"food is even sweet eaten secretly in the dark, not knowing that the guest in the feast where from the depths of hell"

Take care.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 17

08/17/2015 8:18 AM

I'm glad to see that no one had a "definitive" answer for you. After all, a direct answer would be biased based on personal experience, and we all have our own experiences.

I'm afraid, my dear, that you are on your own on this one. You have some good advise in this thread, but,,, the work is up to you.

Good Answers: 210

08/17/2015 8:57 AM

I'm still working on the part about a "full scholarship"

Register to Reply
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 3

08/17/2015 9:07 AM

There are a lot of scholarship sites you can refer to, why not apply and who knows. You might be picked lucky.

Here is the link http://www.internationalscholarships.com/

Good Answers: 11

08/17/2015 10:03 AM

Hi Victoria, welcome to our happy little corner of the world. I would suggest that, if you haven't already, look deep inside yourself to decide if your passion lies with "Engineering" or "Management". It can be a difficult choice, especially if you've been working the ranks of engineering for awhile. Sometimes the "School of Hard Knocks", working in the engineering trenches, coordinating projects and people, is the best school of all and it doesn't cost a cent. More times than not, the best Engineering Managers are chosen from that pool.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); AverageJoe (1); BlueAussieBoy (1); Fredski (2); Kevin LaPaire (1); Kulas (1); lyn (1); SolarEagle (1); suresh sharma (1)

Previous in Forum: Mobile Application for Engineering Notes   Next in Forum: Nasser Zaky, Logistics Senior Manager, Ezz steel Company, Egypt

Advertisement