Previous in Forum: Engineering Management Education   Next in Forum: Office
Close
Close
Close
14 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Nasser Zaky, Logistics Senior Manager, Ezz steel Company, Egypt

09/05/2015 7:42 AM

I am working in Academic Research for the partial fulfillment of the degree of Doctorate of Business Administration Philosophy,the subject is " Lean Supply Chain Management Impact on Steel Industry"s Costs" application in Egypt.

One of the wastes of Lean is Underutilized manpower, I made the calculation of personnel efficiency of one steel factory in Egypt (process from metallic to Reinforced Rebar) and I would have the International figure or the benchmarking in order to calculate the gab which represented the the the source of waste in this point.

could you answer me about this issue or guide me about the source of this figure.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Power-User

Re: Nasser Zaky, Logistics Senior Manager, Ezz steel Company, Egypt

09/05/2015 8:43 AM

I think its just inappropriate to post names here. It's unfair to Mr. Nasser Zaky, you are speaking of him without his consent and disclosure to privacy.

This is an engineering forum.

Good Answers: 1589
In reply to #1

09/05/2015 12:05 PM

Unless, of course he IS Mr. Nasser Zaky, Logistics Senior Manager of Ezz Steel.

Which, I believe he is.

Yes, this is an engineering forum.

It is well run by the admins and has many long time members who are regular active contributors.

You, on the other hand have only been a day or so and are already telling other users and members how to conduct themselves???

I suggest that you SIT ON YOUR HANDS for a month or so and learn how things work.

Then, maybe, you will be qualified to participate, maybe.

Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User

In reply to #3

09/05/2015 12:48 PM

Well, yes of course you can have it, no one is taking that away.

In reply to #4

09/05/2015 4:39 PM

Kulas, PeeeWee and now yet another identity?

Participant

In reply to #1

09/06/2015 2:21 AM

First, I would thank you all for your time and efforts to write back to me, second, I am sorry for my mistake that I didn't give myself enough time to know how to present question in your forum and this learned me how people aren't able to excuse misunderstanding without insults since I was concerned with the issue more than the way to ask{I have only one day in your forum and I registered for the need of the help) I knocked the wrong place,thank you again with my best wishes.

Guru

In reply to #7

09/06/2015 10:22 AM

N. zaky.

Do not apologize to Legolaz.

He is a rude troll and a troublemaker with no manners. Plainly put he is a bad person.

Your question is appropriate for the forum, but a little confusing. And rather highly specialized.

That's why the answers may not be what you are searching for.

Power-User

In reply to #8

09/06/2015 10:51 AM

I do not know, what "rude" means to you, but I can clearly comprehend the meaning by the context of what you have just written about me.

That's it.

In reply to #11

09/06/2015 10:57 AM

It's not "what you have just wrote about me"

It's "what you have just written about me"

I prefer never to argue with fools, or trolls.

<unsubscribe>

Power-User

In reply to #12

09/06/2015 10:58 AM

but you just can't stop picking on me? How was it?

In reply to #7

09/06/2015 10:45 AM

I apologize also, but look, i was just protecting your name from unwanted publicity. Privacy is not anymore a thing to enjoy, nowadays.

You may reconstruct your query and have the time to read the rules and directions how to post in the forum. I have a thought you could make one since you are in your Doctoral degree now right?

P.S. do not take into heart what you have read, it might read vile or rude, not unless you heard the word face to face. There's no substitute in real talk, other than texting or reading a post.

09/05/2015 11:54 AM
Guru

Good Answers: 158

09/05/2015 6:21 PM

Goggling "Lean manpower utilization benchmark" brought up quite a few hits. I only scanned a few, and of those the ones that are pdf files seem to have the most information.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=lean+manpower+utilization+benchmark&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS517US517&q=lean+manpower+utilization+benchmark&gs_l=hp....0.0.1.282212...........0.Nrzr622g8KE

Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 416

09/06/2015 10:50 AM

Mr. Zaky appears to be studying to be a management consultant/project manager doing a benchmarking study that requires data about this industry in general and the competitors in particular. I suspect that the competitors' data is proprietary and hard to obtain, though aggregated data may be available from the PMI (Project Managers Institute) or via everyone's friend Mr. Google.

Location: Savannah, GA. The post office decided to change my address again.
Good Answers: 19

09/06/2015 9:27 PM

WHY does management always look to the blue collar people FIRST when it comes to saving on the BOTTOM LINE?

Why not look at your own overinflated salaries then come after the folks that actually make it happen?

I can hire a lot of folks for the sum of your salary and make a helluva lot of money!

So look within before you start telling the folks on the floor that they make too much money for the work they perform.

You can make all the decisions and deals you want, but without the hands that do the work they are meaningless cause YOU sure as hell aren't going to do it.

( Wrench twirler stands down off his soapbox now)

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.(Lord Chesterfield)
Reply to Forum Thread 14 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Kilowatt0 (1); Legolaz (5); lyn (5); N.zaky (1); RAMConsult (1); Wrench twirler (1)

Previous in Forum: Engineering Management Education   Next in Forum: Office

Advertisement