CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Watching Netflix Streaming Via My Dell Inspiron 1545   Next in Forum: Search Filters on E-commerce and Shopping Sites
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Power-User

Good Answers: 6

Opening Links

12/30/2015 9:55 AM

Hi folks

Presently my computer opens link addresses from cr4 in Internet Explorer. How can I set it to open in Google Chrome? I am using 'eM Client' for emails and cannot see a setting for this. The reason being some links don't work efficiently or fail in IE and work ok when copied to Chrome.

Thanks

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Community Manager

Good Answers: 59

Re: opening links

12/30/2015 10:04 AM

Try setting Chrome as your default browser. This page can tell you how to do it based on your operating system: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95417?hl=en

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User

In reply to #1

12/30/2015 10:15 AM

Thanks

I did scan the help files on the email client site and changed a setting in IE for default attatchments , so sorted. Thanks again.

Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 174
In reply to #2

12/30/2015 11:18 AM

I don't think that will work. If you are using Win 7, go to the Control Panel and choose "Default Programs", then "Set your default programs".

Of the programs listed on the left, choose "Google Chrome" and below click on "Set this program as default". Then click the OK button and Bob's your uncle.

If you are using a different version of Windows, there is a similar procedure to do the same thing.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 152

Re: Opening Links

12/31/2015 11:31 AM

Set your default browser. May I suggest Firefox or Pale Moon? Of course I may, but I doubt you will listen.

In reply to #4

12/31/2015 12:32 PM

hi

listening but why firefox or pale moon you may convince me.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

In reply to #5

12/31/2015 1:34 PM

I do not think Mozilla products (Firefox and Pale Moon) do a lot of data-gathering on the users of their search engine (as does Google, for one example). Since I have used Firefox for a long-time, I have grown accustomed to their "face".

Also, all Mozilla products are open-source. This helps to keep the web as a free world market place.

In reply to #6

12/31/2015 4:18 PM

I know where you are coming from, maybe a subject for debate. I did use Firefox for some time till it started to sprout issues. I think they have all been attacked at some point with adware and browser hijacks etc. I would worry that lesser known browsers may be less protected in such instances.

Good Answers: 104
In reply to #7

12/31/2015 11:00 PM

Firefox works very nicely with wXP!

Sometimes, actually very rarely it "plays up". Within a day or so an update magically makes itself available and it all runs smoothly again after updating.

I have used IE, Opera and Chrome as well.....Firefox feels best for me.

Lately they have been asking for a USD3 donation. I'd be happy to pay that and more.........BUT.....most users (this is a global service) don't have credit cards.

In reply to #8

01/04/2016 9:40 AM

I think they can accept paypal also.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

James Stewart (3); Mikerho (1); Pj3ns3n (3); SavvyExacta (1); Wal (1)

Previous in Forum: Watching Netflix Streaming Via My Dell Inspiron 1545   Next in Forum: Search Filters on E-commerce and Shopping Sites

Advertisement