CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®
Login | Register for Engineering Community (CR4)

Previous in Forum: I Desperately Need Help Diagnosing My Problem, Please Help   Next in Forum: A Little Turbo Curiosity
Close
Close
Close
10 comments
Participant

Transportation Planning and Traffic Safety Modeling

01/07/2016 6:16 AM

All cities around the world seek for improvement and become smart cities, Transportation is one of the most important issues that can help these cities in their transformation. Therefore, the transportation systems, especially in developing countries, needs to be tackled by researchers, practitioners and engineers to face the challenges in their local environments. Many researchers and institutions have been working to overcome these challenges and improve the transportation systems in developing countries.

Is there initiative for transportation improvement in Developing countries ?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 673

Re: Transportation Planning and Traffic Safety Modeling

01/07/2016 8:40 AM

What - like money?

In reply to #1

01/07/2016 8:53 AM

Do you mean economic development ?

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 7)
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 673
In reply to #2

01/07/2016 11:34 AM

Please avoid answering questions with questions. The practice could go on endlessly to the complete annoyance of other readers.

Good Answers: 8
In reply to #4

01/07/2016 3:17 PM

Please avoid answering questions with questions. The practice could go on endlessly to the complete annoyance of other readers.

as in - What - like money?

;)

In reply to #4

01/09/2016 3:12 AM

Dear pw Slack ,

George Bernard Shaw, 1856 hasn't reashed to the real reason in transportation and traffic problembs .

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 62

01/07/2016 9:58 AM

I'm guessing but I'd think that an initiative would be to..."seek for improvement and become smart cities".

Good Answers: 89

01/07/2016 8:13 PM

Sure there is. Every country - most probably also in developing countries - has a Traffic and Transport Authority of some sort. They will have programs to suit their needs, build streets train lines, airports and so forth.

Universities will have picked up on this and offer relevant courses.

Which developing countries are you talking about?

Location: Eastern Arizona mountains on Route 666 about a mile from God's country
Good Answers: 121

01/07/2016 10:11 PM

It totally depends on the country and their available, committed resources.

Good Answers: 25

01/08/2016 7:47 AM

It is big problem for most of cities in the world. Pollution, traffic jams, etc. are causing hell of problems. I am not a transport expert to give you any suggestions but i can say,if cities are well planned, there are mass transportation system with clean energy it can solve the problem to some extend. I had recently seen a T.V show on transportation system in Japan. It was great show, they have private coaches form home to Metro Station, Metro leads to Bullet Trains stations which provide very fast service to upcountry, all very punctual and clean. There are few traffic jams so lesser pollution.

03/10/2017 2:05 AM

Yes, I agree that transportation projects can have a different outcome in the community’s economic development, such as productivity, employment, business activity, and in property values. Nowadays, highway or public transport service also increases in many areas. New auto transportation companies like We Will Transport It, Uship, Transport Ship, etc., creates a link between cities and ports and provides an inter-modal facilities and services at many locations and make it possible for a new standard of international trade to develop.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 10 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

FrankMiller (1); IdeaSmith (1); Mike W (1); Mohamed Badr (2); PWSlack (2); SHOCKHISCAN (1); suresh sharma (1); Tom_Consulting (1)

Previous in Forum: I Desperately Need Help Diagnosing My Problem, Please Help   Next in Forum: A Little Turbo Curiosity

Advertisement