CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: The Increasing Cost of Internet Access   Next in Forum: How Much Data Can This Hold?
Close
Close
Close
11 comments
Participant

Connect a Toshiba DVD Player to TV

01/29/2016 4:24 AM

Hello,

I've recently bought a second hand DVD (Toshiba HD-XA2), and be told all parts are in good condition. But now I'm in trouble connecting it to my television (Sony W800C). And the manual does not offer much help basically, and I'm having tough time reading it. The cables really frustrated me and I'm wondering if the two just cannot be connected. If anyone has tried it, please give me some help. Thanks in advance.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member United Kingdom - Big Ben - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Altair 8800 - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 119

Re: Connect a Toshiba DVD Player to TV

01/29/2016 6:59 AM

what TV?

does it have an HDMI port?

Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 620

01/29/2016 7:06 AM

From what I could see on-line about both units, they both have HDMI connections. You should only need an HDMI cable to connect them. It's a cable that has this kind of connector on it:

Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 269

01/29/2016 8:01 AM

What type cable are you using to commect the two? On the TV have you selected the proper port. In a menu there listings for what port you wish to veiw. Yours has 4 HDMI ports plus others like antenna, cable, USB. Ports should be numbered where you plug the cable in.

Canada - Member - If there is a way to screw someting up, there is someone to do so! Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 137
In reply to #3

01/29/2016 9:34 AM

Sorry... I posted before fully reading your post.

Canada - Member - If there is a way to screw someting up, there is someone to do so! Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 137

01/29/2016 9:06 AM

Don't forget that... after you connect the HDMI cables, you will have to switch the "input" on the TV to HDMI or you will not get a signal. Maybe that is why it appears not to work.

Good Answers: 1586

01/29/2016 10:02 AM

If you have a 12-15 year old neighbor kid ask them to hook it up for you.

Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Project Managers & Project Engineers - New Member

Good Answers: 26
In reply to #6

01/29/2016 10:35 AM

Agree with that. When i cant get my fancy phone to do something i ask my 8 year old granddaughter to fix it.

Good Answers: 1586
In reply to #7

01/29/2016 10:41 AM

I record the two smaller boy's football games on a camcorder.

When it comes time to play it back on TV, I just give it to the 11 YO and he does the rest.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1125

01/29/2016 11:25 AM

How do you have them connected now....what cables are you using...?? What all have you tried?

http://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/w850c-w800c-series/specifications

Update your firmware....follow troubleshooting guide here ↓

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2809957

Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member

Good Answers: 8

01/30/2016 12:46 PM

pages 20-23 of the manual show how to connect via HDMI. Check the MODE switch setting; it must be in position 2 for this to work.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Location: just died off here (now i may flicker back for a while)

04/07/2016 8:08 AM
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

aurizon (1); ci139 (1); lyn (2); North of 60 (2); ozzb (1); SolarEagle (1); SSCpal (1); texasron (1); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: The Increasing Cost of Internet Access   Next in Forum: How Much Data Can This Hold?

Advertisement