CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Digital ABS, Injection Molds   Next in Forum: What is the Best Coating/Printing Method for Nonwoven Fabric?
Close
Close
Close
32 comments
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Newby Member Long Time User Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 9

CR4 About Us

03/15/2016 10:16 AM

There are a number of engineers within our organization and company (some local and others across the country) that I would like to invite to join CR4.

Other than the description of the site that I could provide to them and the benefits that they will obtain from it, I don't know of anything more to give them.

Getting this web-site description from a broader audience than myself would have a larger appeal to them.

Does CR4 have an "About Us" description (perhaps including some type of brochure) that I can pass on?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1129

Re: CR4 About Us

03/15/2016 10:28 AM

Cr4 is part of IHS and Globalspec

http://www.globalspec.com/AboutUs

In reply to #1

03/15/2016 10:40 AM

Someday, I can write a blog review for the CR4 Forum.

We have some fine character and personality round here. Though some are sour, some are more reserve, some are sweet and some are hilarious like crabgrass? - I mean Crabtree and Jame Stew? James Stewart rather.

The " What is this?" guy Fredski. The bridge on troubled water Tornado. The all knowing Solar Eagle and AH and many more unfamiliar guys that took an extraordinary job of trolling and Monaliza nope, "the common sense dictates".

But no.1 in the list was Lyn, of course. He's a Peter Pipper picked of all times. I should say and the Red which is Fred. Some I forgot to mention will be included on my review, as well.

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Newby Member Long Time User Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

In reply to #1

03/15/2016 10:54 AM

I'm looking to find something to draw people to CR4 specifically.

CR4 is a good site and it deserves its own advertisement.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1129
In reply to #4

03/15/2016 11:03 AM

Maybe we should have our own cheerleaders er a virtual assistants...?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 701
In reply to #5

03/16/2016 4:49 AM

There's no need to be like that.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #23

03/16/2016 6:06 AM

Quite agree. She will catch her death of cold and besides, you may look odd dressed like that.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Hearts of Oak Popular Science - Paleontology - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #5

03/16/2016 9:10 AM

Have you been trolling my Fb account again? And I thought I'd blocked you...

Guru
Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Old Member, New Association

Good Answers: 72
In reply to #4

03/15/2016 12:42 PM

The advantage of this site is that you can ask technical questions that you might not want to ask among your fellow workers. That doesn't mean that you may be subjected to a little ridicule now and then, but at least your exposure is more limited.

If you struggle with the right choice of words for a search engine, you might get some better direction here. I've also seen a wide range of terminology that I never knew existed.

Mostly, there are many ways to solve a problem and all you need is a push in the right direction. This can be the best place to ask in order to get you out of a technical rut.

United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Community Manager

Good Answers: 59
In reply to #12

03/15/2016 2:09 PM

I like this answer! Thanks for posting it.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 175
In reply to #17

03/16/2016 1:54 AM

Hear, hear, I did too. Good on ya NUOJ (or more correctly, NYOJ)!

United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 456

03/15/2016 10:33 AM

Have you looked at CR4 FAQs ?

Good Answers: 210

03/15/2016 11:25 AM

just be sure and warn them about Tornado

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 751
In reply to #6

03/15/2016 1:07 PM

Left-handed endorsements are as good as any other.

Good Answers: 1589

03/15/2016 11:38 AM

CR4 is a group of old farts, mostly, who like to argue, usually about technical stuff.

I invited a friend who was having problems with his outboard motor and he didn't like it.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Good Answers: 83
In reply to #7

03/15/2016 11:45 AM

Old? I take umbrage. Harrumph.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 3)
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 751
In reply to #8

03/15/2016 11:56 AM

Take two, and everything will be fine in the morning!

Good Answers: 1589
In reply to #8

03/15/2016 12:06 PM

Sue, takeum bridge. Sue, putum bridge back!

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
In reply to #7

03/16/2016 4:39 AM

<...a group of old farts...> Quite, though not so much of the <...old...>, please. One would always welcome a younger <...fart...> to the group.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #7

03/16/2016 4:43 AM

Goodness, golly gosh, too many unfortunately, Old Farts. Your friend was having much much wisdom in his wise thoughts nyl.

Register to Reply
Guru
Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 18
In reply to #7

03/16/2016 8:19 AM

Old farts maybe, but,,,, where else can you can probably get centuries of combined practical experience in one place. Even with the ribbing and sarcasm, there is a lot of wisdom disseminated.

Good Answers: 210
In reply to #25

03/16/2016 8:24 AM

what day does that happen, I want to be sure and be here for that?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 18
In reply to #26

03/17/2016 8:22 AM

You just have to keep looking, every day. Eventually you will find it.

Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 269

03/15/2016 12:11 PM

Yeah it's on all the Cavalier Forums.

In reply to #11

03/16/2016 4:40 AM

Are there farts there too, then? Just askin'.

Guru
United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Community Manager

03/15/2016 1:36 PM

I'm happy to hear that you want to share CR4 with your colleagues! The more, the merrier.

There is no brochure for CR4. The tagline "The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion" is a great description. It's expanded on the FAQ: "Conference Room 4® (CR4) is a forum for engineers, scientists, technical researchers, technical buyers, students and folks who just like technology to discuss engineering news, seek technical help and get answers to burning questions."

I suggest you invite your colleagues to look around the site, or possibly forward a copy of the Daily Digest newsletter to them so they can see a sample of the active discussions.

My guide for new users on CR4 may also be helpful for them to learn more about how to participate.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Power-User

In reply to #14

03/15/2016 2:03 PM

Thanks.

I was very much hoping that you would reply.

I'll probably be posting my invitations using your wording.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #15

03/15/2016 2:07 PM

You are very welcome. Feel free to reach out if you need anything else. We're always happy to grow the community. Just prepare them that like in real life, we have a variety of personalities here, and they might receive prickly responses from time to time.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 456
In reply to #16

03/15/2016 7:02 PM

"prickly responses"? I'm sure we don't know what you mean!

United Kingdom - Member - Hearts of Oak Popular Science - Paleontology - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #18

03/16/2016 9:16 AM

Is she talking about me?

Good Answers: 25

03/16/2016 8:39 AM

CR4 is site for question and answers. I would suggest to add a sections wherein many of us retired engineers from different fields can share their long experience in their field for benefit of young generation. Let us have response from Admin.

Anonymous Poster #2

03/16/2016 9:06 AM

It's a place to vent and bash, occasionally we start a Cavalier.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #28

03/16/2016 9:38 AM

Golly gosh by gumbo! Nothing new then munchkins. Just typical US politics, discriminatory policies, world domination by the colonists, and a push start then?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 32 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (4); BDThompson (2); English Rose (2); Fredski (2); JohnDG (2); Kevin LaPaire (2); lyn (2); Mikerho (1); NotUrOrdinaryJoe (1); ozzb (1); Peterpipper (1); PWSlack (3); SavvyExacta (3); SolarEagle (2); sue (1); suresh sharma (1); Tornado (2)

Previous in Forum: Digital ABS, Injection Molds   Next in Forum: What is the Best Coating/Printing Method for Nonwoven Fabric?

Advertisement