CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Coolpad Arise and Scratch Wireless Hack?   Next in Forum: MathCad - PTC Question
Close
Close
Close
16 comments
Participant

Software PLC Simulation

03/22/2016 9:40 PM

Hi everyone!!!

I want to ask you, how/where I can get Software PLC simulation via internet?

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: PLC simulation
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 771

Re: Sofware PLC simulation

03/22/2016 9:50 PM

Download it.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

Good Answers: 1588

03/22/2016 9:55 PM

You'll need to learn how to use the internet first.

How to Search the Internet Effectively | MediaSmarts

FREE: Ladder Logic Editor and Simulator for ... - Tri-PLC

You have a long road ahead of you.

Register to Reply
Participant

In reply to #2

03/23/2016 10:27 PM

Thanks, i got it.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 92

03/22/2016 10:08 PM

Try looking for SofTware! some spelling prevents the search engines to give you a good result. You'll find it!

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700
In reply to #3

03/23/2016 12:45 PM

The original poster wants <...Sofware...> instead, though.

Good Answers: 1128

03/23/2016 12:59 AM

In reply to #4

03/23/2016 9:50 PM

Try to install and then not succes, error.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700

03/23/2016 3:53 AM

The forum has no knowledge of Fitriyadi's skills at internet searching. So the question asked is equivalent to "How long is a piece of string?".

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774
In reply to #5

03/23/2016 7:41 AM

So how did she find CR4?

The string is shorter than the whole piece. It should be the shorter piece of the Golden Ratio.

Anonymous Poster #1

03/23/2016 4:50 AM
Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster #2
In reply to #6

03/23/2016 10:32 AM

Hey, that's pretty cool. How do you do that lmgtfy thing?

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #8

03/23/2016 12:46 PM
Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Commodore 64 - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Location: Illinois, 7 county region (The 'blue dot' that drags the rest of the 'red state' around during presidential elections.)
Good Answers: 87
In reply to #10

03/24/2016 9:58 AM

I don't normally join in on anon threads, but the exchange between AP1 and AP2 just now is demanding this of me:

( The opinions espressed in this post may not reflect the true opinions of the poster, and may not reflect commonly accepted versions of reality. ) (If you are wondering: yes, I DO hope to live to be as old as my jokes.)
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 24

Re: Software PLC Simulation

03/24/2016 1:59 AM

I haven't tried any of the newer versions I'm still running on 2.0 the software is free for download they have multiple variants which I know nothing about, however when I was using it to program a controller basically in ladder logic it would allow you to run a full simulation. Wonderful software as well as some technical publications on their download page and it free you can't beat the price.

http://www.schneider-electric.com/download/ww/en/results/0/0/8336563-Zelio-Soft/1555684/?showAsIframe=false

India - Member - Sensors Technology Popular Science - Cosmology - Dream, Think and Act United Kingdom - Member - New Member United States - Member - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Location: AM-51, Deen Dayal Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, MP 474001, India
Good Answers: 32

03/24/2016 12:55 PM

It may be worth getting trained from www.automationdirect.com/ as they have nice training program and also sell low cost PLCs. You need PLC to program and all PLC have some or other variations in programming language even though mainly it is a Ladder Diagram Language or code specific. Simulator will also have limitations.

Simple programs can be learnt on $100 PLC very easily. One must have knowledge of basic elements that are often listed in the user's manual. I learnt PLC programming in just 3 hours in 1988 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic from German Professor Juary Joltan and I did not forget for so long.

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Control Engineering Technical Fields - Education - Industrial Training Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - Manufacturing Training Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Electrical engineering Training Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - Instrumentation Engineering United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - Become part of the larger group, change your world.

Good Answers: 1

11/18/2016 11:34 AM

Actually all the replies on "how to Google" show just how internet savvy the people replying really are. To get the worst results in a search engine, type in the full question, you'll miss many of the best results, possibly have to wade through a lot of unrelated results. To narrow your search and make it much more accurate, use quotes.

["PLC simulation software"] will return only pages with that exact phrase. Looking for free sim, try ["PLC simulation software" free] . Even doing that, you (Google) may miss a good one, because the people offering it aren't that great at web page design. So then you could go to forums and ask personal opinion from its members. hopefully they would reply with real relevant experience with simulators, not tell you to google it, but say in addition you can Google it too.

Another example if you Googled ["free PLC simulation software"] you would more likely find blog post, articles, discussions, where writer is informing you of several free PLC simulators you can download. The point, even if you google, don't be discouraged from asking forums like this too, just ignore the unprofessional replies and take to heart the value added replies. Because sometimes people will share their personal experiences with you, or resources that do not show up on the first 3 pages of a search engine. Like ...

https://www.pinterest.com/plcsimulator/

or

http://plctraining.proboards.com/thread/30/logixpro-siemens-plc-simulator-bundle

or

http://bin95.com/Download/index.htm

etc. etc.

If you never asked a forum Fitriyadi, you may have never learned about the above or others like some professionals here replied with.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

adreasler (1); Anonymous Poster (3); BIN95 (1); Fitriyadi (2); IdeaSmith (1); lyn (1); PWSlack (2); redfred (1); Shyam (1); SolarEagle (1); tcmtech (1); YWROADRUNNER (1)

Previous in Forum: Coolpad Arise and Scratch Wireless Hack?   Next in Forum: MathCad - PTC Question

Advertisement