CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: How Can I Calculate Vibration Value   Next in Forum: Car Window Water Leak Detection With An Ultrasonic Transmitter?
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Participant

Meter Multiplier

04/21/2016 2:20 AM

This is the meter, can any one help me calculate the multiplier

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: Energy Meter Multiplier
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700

Re: Meter Multiplier

04/21/2016 3:10 AM

What multiplier? Will anyone do?

Good Answers: 92

04/21/2016 3:41 AM

You get Wh (Watt Hour) when multiplying with 1000.

Multiply the difference over time with the price per Kilo watt hour (kWh) and you get your cost.

Good Answers: 92
In reply to #2

04/21/2016 4:59 AM

The display is in kWh.

Its has revolutions per kWh on the display.

Check this

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 749

04/21/2016 4:33 AM

You need to state what the ratios are of the current and potential transformers feeding this meter. However, it looks as though someone has already handwritten the answer above the meter. Whether or not correct is anybody's guess.

In reply to #3

04/21/2016 6:23 AM

Yes, someone did and it's at 25,000 however when I try to calculate using 25000 as the multiplier, I can't get the right figure. The unit is generating 12 MW so logically when you calculate using the 25000 multiplier you will also get 12MW however it's only when you calculate it using 120000 as the multiplier.

I know the CT*VT = multiplier formula but if there is any other formula using Rev/kWh? or is the VT = 3 x 64/110V? or 11000/100V? since it is a generating 12MW at 11kV and then step up to 33kV.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700
In reply to #5

04/21/2016 7:16 AM

Then 120000 is the correct figure and 25000 is incorrect. Is there something here that is not obvious (rhetorical question - NNTR)?

In reply to #6

04/21/2016 9:28 PM

True enough, just making sure that im not missing any formula with this type of meter.

Register to Reply

04/21/2016 11:13 PM

In the measurement you provided, the amount of power is miniscule. (50 Watt/hour in 30 minutes?) No wonder the CT does not read accurately, they are not designed to at that tiny power level. Have a look at e.g. ( or Google "current transformer linearity")

http://store.gedigitalenergy.com/faq/documents/489/get-8402.pdf

Some thing about Magnetizing impedance :)

Sorry I do not work in the field anymore, but hope it helps.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 8 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

IdeaSmith (2); Mark Lesha (1); PWSlack (2); reoji (2); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: How Can I Calculate Vibration Value   Next in Forum: Car Window Water Leak Detection With An Ultrasonic Transmitter?

Advertisement