CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Jumbo Display   Next in Forum: Capacitance Versus Frequency For Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor
Close
Close
Close
19 comments
Active Contributor

DVR Password Recovery

04/27/2016 7:58 AM

Dear All

I have 16 channel DVR for security cameras. Brand {YOKO} Model 9616P. Made in Taiwan.

I would appreciate very much if anyone has the password recovery sequence as somehow it lost my original password and cannot get in setup menu.

Thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 620

Re: DVR Password Receovery

04/27/2016 8:59 AM

You seem to have an awful lot of used electronics devices with problems.

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/72963

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/69578

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/66422

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/62088

Why don't you ask the original owners for help?

In reply to #1

04/27/2016 10:12 AM

Thank You for your suggestion. I will just do that but it seems that I need to ask myself.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700

Re: DVR password recovery

04/27/2016 9:43 AM

If it were that easy, then systems wouldn't be very secure for very long.

In reply to #2

04/27/2016 10:35 AM

I have been in the security field for many years, infact I installed this DVR myself and I had my own technician password. For some reason now it can't accept my password. All I was asking maybe someone out there had experience with this dvr and can remind me of the sequence only as the DVR now is old & probably not in production anymore and I forgot all about it. But I will try with the supplier just the same from where we used to get them. I mean the security company I used to work for.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
In reply to #5

04/27/2016 10:57 AM

That idea is far better than asking a load of anonymous strangers via an unsecured global Engineering forum, and is the right thing to do.

<unsubscribes>

United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 141
In reply to #5

04/28/2016 9:21 PM

your password is

compactor or

sledge hammer

unless you can make a complete factory reset and start up with

1234(5) or 00000 or 11111 or 99999.

The oldest however made it with 4 digits.

I don't steal DVR's without knowing the passcodes

Good Answers: 1127

04/27/2016 10:17 AM

In reply to #4

04/27/2016 11:00 AM

Thank you but already been in contact with Yoko. I'm waiting for reply. The problem is DVR is old and probably not in production anymore. Hopefully they still have literature.

Thanks anyway

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #7

04/27/2016 11:37 AM

<...waiting for reply...> Using the telephone instead means not having to wait. Highly recommended.

Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - EE from the the Wilds of Pa.

Good Answers: 59
In reply to #8

04/28/2016 11:29 AM

Using the telephone instead means not having to wait.

Really? Never been put on hold for hours? Never gotten the line, "We''l have to check into that. We'll get back to you later." I've also gotten the line, " Give us your email and we'll send it to you later." That's pretty much the same as emailing in the first place.

Good Answers: 1588
In reply to #12

04/28/2016 12:45 PM

Worse yet:

You, "Hello, I'm having problems with my DVR password"

From the other end, "आप कॉल के लिए बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद। मैं तो कि आप समस्या हो रही हूँ। मैं आपकी कैसे मदद करूं?".

You, "What? I didn't understand you".

(language chosen at random; could be many different languages)

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - EE from the the Wilds of Pa.

Good Answers: 59
In reply to #13

04/28/2016 1:11 PM

Understood - I hung up on the billing department at a certain satellite radio provider, the other night, when I got about what you printed in your post. I think about every third word was English.

Good Answers: 1588

Re: DVR Password Recovery

04/27/2016 5:21 PM

I'd contact someone who used to be a DVR installation tech. They should have a technician password that they know how to use.

If, not they will surely know how to reset the password, if they are really a DVR installation tech and not just some tweaker.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - Popular Science - Weaponology -

Good Answers: 38

04/27/2016 6:10 PM

I only have the NORAD password. Would anyone like to play a game?

Register to Reply
Associate

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #10

09/04/2016 9:29 PM

How about "Global Thermonuclear War"?

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

Good Answers: 3

04/28/2016 12:15 AM
Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Active Contributor

05/02/2016 8:07 AM

Password Reset Instructions:

1. First make sure that the unit is turned off.
  2. Then press and hold any button on the included infrared remote control.
  3. While holding the button on the remote, power on the unit.
  4. You should hear a single beep followed by a double beep. Once you hear the double beep, press 1 2 3 5 on the remote control. If entered correctly you will hear a double beep and the DVR will begin to boot. (If entered incorrectly, you will hear a sequence of about eight beeps and then a double beep to prompt you to re enter 1 2 3 5.)
  5. Now that the DVR is booted, you will be prompted to enter the password which is now the default "1234". Using either the included infrared remote control or a USB mouse, press Menu, followed by System Setup. (Shown Below)
  6. Then select the User tab, followed by Management. (Shown Below)
  7. In the Management menu, press Edit next to the User ID you wish to change the password for. In most cases it will be the Admin account. (Shown Below)
  8. On the Edit menu, press the Password tab and you will be prompted to enter the current password which is the default "1234". Press OK to continue. (Shown Below)
  9. Now you will be prompted to enter your new desired password. Press OK once complete. The password that you select must have a maximum character count of 8. Your password is now updated.
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 118
In reply to #16

05/18/2016 5:05 AM

If the OP tried that and it worked, I'd have expected to see profuse thanks posted by now!

03/26/2017 11:43 AM

ADMIN: Deleted Post

Spam: This post was deleted because it contained advertising outside the Commercial Space forum. Please review Section 14 of the Site FAQ about advertising.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 19 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Codemaster (1); cspal3 (1); dvmdsc (1); lyn (2); nfhiggs (1); Out of Box Experience (1); Phys (2); PWSlack (3); repit (3); screen23 (1); silver123 (1); SolarEagle (1); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: Jumbo Display   Next in Forum: Capacitance Versus Frequency For Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor

Advertisement