CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Tesla Kidnaps Jr.   Next in Forum: If You Look at Old Solid Axle Racers, You'll See Positive Camber
Close
Close
Close
51 comments
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 155

Trump, The Border, And Water Rights

05/24/2016 8:24 AM

Here it is in a nutshell:

Mexican border and water treaties

The article is talking about how we have to comply with the water treaties, etc. Blathering on how all the burden is on the USA. Trump will find an end-around on this issue, trust me.

I will now suggest one way to do this: By allowing drug trafficking, mules, Pedro Negroes, and other anal orifi to cross the border willy-nilly, even showing them suggested routes, and providing for this in other ways, Mexico has created a hostile environment. These hostile actions by a foreign government constitute terms which effectively make ALL agreements and treaties with them null and void.

Trump could simply order ALL water being sent down the Colorado River to Mexico to be shut off and sent to L.A. (and other choice American destinations that could easily use this water). Mexico can suck air. Until Mexico steps up in the grown-up world and stops behaving like irresponsible teenagers and lying about everything all the time, we should treat them as such. If they don't like it - too freaking bad. Not only that, all trade with Mexico would be banned. I mean zero. No truck traffic out of Mexico headed to Canada either, or vice versa, and if Canada does not like it, we simply invade and take them over, in about fifteen minutes.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 210

Re: Trump, the border, and water rights

05/24/2016 8:43 AM

did you wake up in the Third Reich this morning?

Register to Reply
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

In reply to #1

05/24/2016 8:51 AM

Something along those lines, as I only had blueberries for my oatmeal, no mango, and no raspberries. This makes the German half of me come out, sorry for the tirade, but I am ready to invade Canada on a moments notice.

In reply to #2

05/24/2016 8:56 AM

I advise caution, every granny there was a hockey stick and is highly skilled at crosschecking

Register to Reply
Guru
Canada - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 30
In reply to #2

05/24/2016 9:11 AM

Don't waste your time, there's nothing up here. Besides, we don't want your ilk. Invade Mexico instead, it's closer.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Commodore 64 - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Location: Illinois, 7 county region (The 'blue dot' that drags the rest of the 'red state' around during presidential elections.)
Good Answers: 87
In reply to #8

05/24/2016 9:48 AM

But the 'artificial maple syrup' from Mexico is AWFUL! If we're going to invade a country, we want the good stuff: Grade A Light Amber.

(Also, Mexican food gives me the runs.)

(Obviously satire, I'd never inflict the US on Canada, I've got friends up there, Including a really cute timberwolf. )

( The opinions espressed in this post may not reflect the true opinions of the poster, and may not reflect commonly accepted versions of reality. ) (If you are wondering: yes, I DO hope to live to be as old as my jokes.)
Register to Reply
Guru
Canada - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

In reply to #9

05/24/2016 10:34 AM

Spring is awesome up here. The she-wolves emerge from their dens, moulting their protective clothing, revealing skin and other body parts hidden from the males for, like, 7 months. Give those she-wolves some maple syrup and a garden hose and O Canada!

So no, you can't have any more of our maple syrup. And get yer own bacon!!

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 340
In reply to #11

05/24/2016 10:39 AM

Nice to see the Maple Syrup industry recovered from the big Maple Syrup caper few years ago that jeopardized the majority of North American supplies of maple syrup.

In reply to #12

05/24/2016 10:41 AM

all markets are subjected to rigging

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #13

05/24/2016 10:43 AM

both real and imagined.

It is interesting, there were a large number of food heists in recent years,... chicken wings (during the super bowl), also cheese. These are the two that immediately comes to mind.

In reply to #14

05/24/2016 12:00 PM

Not yo cheese is my favorite.

In reply to #26

05/24/2016 12:05 PM

Back in the 90's,.... a very large cheese manufacturer based in Canada, had a huge warehouse (And I mean, it was Indiana Jones huge warehouse), located somewhere in the United States Midwest, I can't recall where. When they were taking inventory, the records can over 2 billion dollars worth of aged cheese missing.

They could not find it.

In reply to #27

05/24/2016 12:18 PM

Govmint cheese - LMI pumps started using it to fabricate their chemical metering pumps. It resists everything except physical force.

In reply to #9

05/24/2016 11:57 AM

We like Canadians...canadian bacon, maple syrup, fish, logs, more fish....oil...nickel mines. Gold, there is plenty of stuff up there to take as booty, including some nice booty.

In reply to #8

05/24/2016 11:50 AM

Ilk? Ilk? Now you have almost guaranteed someone a ticket north! Ilk you say? I say balderdash!

In reply to #22

05/25/2016 8:23 AM

Sure, come on up! You'll be easy to spot, yes?

In reply to #36

05/25/2016 9:47 AM

Nope. I will probably be dressed similarly to the other rednecks already in Canada.

05/24/2016 8:54 AM

LA is a pretty thirsty state... if it could, it will turn the Colorado into a dry riverbed.

Unless there's a endangered species habitat that's put in jeopardy.

In reply to #3

05/24/2016 8:58 AM

not to worry, within a month you'd see parking lots, 20 housing tracts and a freeway

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #5

05/24/2016 9:05 AM

what about the heavily federally funded/ subsidized high speed rail development money pit.

In reply to #3

05/24/2016 10:53 AM

how long has LA been a State?????????

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #15

05/24/2016 11:01 AM

I meant to say California... but was thinking LA... I'm working a tougher then usual crowd today.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Commodore 64 - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Location: Illinois, 7 county region (The 'blue dot' that drags the rest of the 'red state' around during presidential elections.)
In reply to #15

05/24/2016 11:04 AM

Louisiana? That's been a state for a century, give or take, if my knowledge of American History isn't all shot to heck.

( The opinions espressed in this post may not reflect the true opinions of the poster, and may not reflect commonly accepted versions of reality. ) (If you are wondering: yes, I DO hope to live to be as old as my jokes.)
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #17

05/24/2016 11:14 AM

nice save but that's not what I meant.... and Fredski knew that too.... any way, at times I think Californians think of themselves as a country and do things like this.

In reply to #18

05/24/2016 11:22 AM

I was making a reply about CA's orchard and vineyard industries being incredibly water-needs, watter-bottling companies shipping CA water out of state by the truckload, and the ridiculously wealthy using hundreds of gallons of potable water a day to keep their lawns green, in a desert, during a drought, all while the regular people are burdened with increasing water rationing, but then I canceled it when I thought you were talking about LA instead of L.A., CA.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #19

05/24/2016 11:29 AM

yes, Almonds are very thirsty, I was surprise of the amount of water required. Maybe not as much as their dairy farms though.

As I posted before, CA residents think of their state as its own country,... with some of the ideas that come out, I think of them as extraterrestrials.

In reply to #20

05/24/2016 11:34 AM

Cotton Water Requirements

Key Points:

• Water requirements for cotton vary during the season.
  • At mid-season, cotton water demands are the highest - about 0.28 inch per day.
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #21

05/24/2016 11:56 AM

Yes, the valley of large in Central California needs all that treaty water, to hockey-sticks with Mexico! Let them drink tequila.

In reply to #20

05/24/2016 2:59 PM

Yeah, how does that old joke go? "California is like granola: take away the nuts and the fruits and all you have left are the flakes."

I also must apologize for bringing that joke up, it was coined in 'a simpler time' (aka, 'the stupid age') when the LGBTQ community (the 'fruits') and the neurodiverse community (the 'nuts') were considered 'legitimate targets' for discriminatory jokes.

I'm NOT apologizing to the flakes, however, those people are the loonies who make California a strange, dangerous weird place, as apposed to the, if I may use the terms one last time, 'fruits' and 'nuts,' who make California a whimsical fun weird place.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #29

05/24/2016 3:24 PM

Are you sure that is your final answer?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703

05/24/2016 9:05 AM

<...we...>?

In reply to #7

05/24/2016 11:52 AM

...There is this mouse in my pocket....

Good Answers: 1598

Re: Trump, The Border, And Water Rights

05/24/2016 10:08 AM

There must be something in the water in Lubbock.

Nope, it's all over Texas.

Careful what you wish for.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 81

05/24/2016 7:09 PM

"just bring a pack of matches, and we'll burn the White House twice..."

Don't know what you were smoking this morning, but I drove halfway across the US two weeks ago. Impressive. Get a life. Half the population don't even know where we are.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #31

05/25/2016 8:22 AM

Were you driving halfway across the US to come get me? Please don't do that...I am not worth it, neither is anyone else.

Just set me down back here in the Briar Patch where you found me, I am used to walking on grass burrs. And tell that tar baby to get lost.

As per usual, I was smoking North Carolina Burley, blended with some expensive pipe tobacco, using Beretta tubes. No green "tobacco" here. I expect more than half the population could give a good sh** where I am, or you either.

Good Answers: 1598

05/24/2016 8:47 PM

If Trump gets elected president, for the first time in history white trash will be living in the White House.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #32

05/24/2016 8:56 PM

Not the first time white trash lived there.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #32

05/24/2016 9:28 PM

what color trash is currently there?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #34

05/25/2016 8:23 AM

Your first clue should be the chocolate colored trash bags.

In reply to #32

05/25/2016 8:30 AM

I will take white trash for $500 please, Alex. First we have carry out the brown trash.

I think they actually let all colors and manner of trash walk into the White House during tours, so no big deal.

I am just waiting for Trump to call me up and make me Head of Science. You do remember the sci-fi show where the only genius got a head, literally, he was a head in a glass bell jar, and they call came to him for answers?

It would be nice to have some high index media in the jar with me, so my head would look larger, more like the Face of Bo on Dr. Who.

Who could possibly want to live as long as Bo?

By the way, didn't "we" (us white men) found this country just so white trash could be the leaders, and not your po-po hatin' Anguses? I know that when Andy Jackson took over the leadership, they thought the neighborhood was going to the dogs. From where I sit, going to the dogs would be a quantum leap forward.

Hell, just look at the dumb butts rioting in the streets in Albuquerque last night. If that does not tell you where the country has been pointed, then you are dead from the neck up.

In reply to #38

05/25/2016 8:34 AM

if I ever see your head in there I'm immediately turning the vacuum pump on.............high!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #39

05/25/2016 9:49 AM

You're giving me a headache!

You do have to admit, all of you have enjoyed teeing off on this round of Whackamole'.

In reply to #38

06/01/2016 3:19 PM

"Who could possibly want to live as long as Bo?"

Yeah, having to live through something like the whole lifespan of the universe x1.5 really get tedious, especially when you start looking at the 'reruns.'

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #42

06/01/2016 3:22 PM

The only hope would that stochastic processes would not allow a superposition of time lines.

In reply to #43

06/01/2016 3:29 PM

Well, since Jack Harkness and the Face of Boe never med in their respective timelines, and Boe preferred to be a cryptic riddle-dropper instead of speaking straight, I doubt that he/they did much to alter the timeline. Well aside from all the time-jumping Jack did, and the times jack was working with the Doctor to adjust history/future history, etc.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #44

06/01/2016 3:40 PM

Right. Quite right. I wish I could use the TARDIS for just one hour (in beginning point of reference). Even that would not allow me to run my timeline backward enough to fix all my transgressions, goof-ups, explosion in lab, poorly chosen fights, and overeating, and drunken foolishness. Yes, I have racked up quite a bill with G.O.D.

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Time to take control United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 84
In reply to #45

06/01/2016 5:25 PM

Did someone call for a TARDIS?

In reply to #46

06/02/2016 9:54 AM

How much is the daily rental? How are ya?

BTW, around here they call me, "The Doctor". Daleks and dog poisoners need be afraid, very afraid.

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Time to take control United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #47

06/02/2016 5:32 PM

That would be 50,000,056 credits per trip.

In reply to #48

06/03/2016 1:31 PM

I forget, what are the extra 56 credits for again? I get the 50,000,000 part totally.

In reply to #49

06/06/2016 6:56 AM

I was just quoting the current exchange equivalence for £1,000,000. If you don't have the 56 credits, I'll happily wave them.

In reply to #49

06/06/2016 8:07 AM

Those were unsold carbon credits

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

adreasler (6); Anonymous Poster (1); Fredski (7); James Stewart (17); JBTardis (3); JNB (1); lyn (2); phoenix911 (10); PWSlack (1); Steve of the North (3)

Previous in Forum: Tesla Kidnaps Jr.   Next in Forum: If You Look at Old Solid Axle Racers, You'll See Positive Camber

Advertisement