CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: How to Coat the Inside of Casing, Tubing   Next in Forum: High Gloss Plastic Finishes on Television LCD Frames
Close
Close
Close
20 comments
Associate

Sticker Removal Needed

06/23/2016 10:55 PM

Hi every one.

Does any one know where I find a solution able to remove hard sticker ??

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru

Good Answers: 1598

Re: Sticker Removal needed

06/23/2016 11:30 PM

Don't be so lazy!

How to Search the Internet: 9 Steps (with Pictures)

How to Search the Internet Effectively | MediaSmarts

If you can't search for the simple answers, I doubt that you can follow simple instructions.

Register to Reply
Associate

In reply to #1

06/24/2016 9:03 AM

Well - I do not trust much the commercial ad's.

I need your real true experience.

Thanks for help.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #6

06/24/2016 9:17 AM

Use a razor blade.

Use the internet for these childish exercises.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 631
In reply to #7

06/24/2016 11:38 AM

Or shotgun
What's the point in the right to bear arms if you don't exercise it?
Del

In reply to #8

06/24/2016 9:58 PM

This thread is a joke anyway.

How does independence feel?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #10

06/25/2016 1:00 PM

Exactly the same as it did before except the financial markets are panicking because the financial markets are panicking despite the fact that nothing will happen for at least 2 years.
All of a sudden companies , institutions and politicians are telling us what will happen when they were apparently unable to tell us the day before.
The bank of England tells us of it's contingency plans which it hadn't mentioned before. German car manufacturers say they want to trade still.
I think if we'd known a lot of this the result would probably have been an even bigger vote to leave.
I think it was a vote against the "experts", "Politicans" "beurocrats" and the ruling classes who have totally lost touch with the populace.
I actually voted remain, but suspected the vote would be to leave, having spoken to the "factory floor".
If the government had kept it's two main pledges (pay off the national debt and control immigration) the result would have been different.
Our Chancellor of the Exchequer will probably go down in history as the most incompetent ever, having met none of his fiscal pledges.
Del

In reply to #13

06/25/2016 1:21 PM

The US stock market lost some of its completely artificial value.

"The Dow ended the day at 17,501.65."

This is like losing Monopoly money.

I agree this is panic for the sake of panic.

Stock speculators love this. They make millions coming and going.

As an outsider, I only see the ripples this has caused in the financial markets and the rift it has created between generations in England.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #14

06/25/2016 2:01 PM

I think the generation thing is highly exaggerated and possibly a fallacy.... after all, it's a secret ballot! Plenty of old people would vote remain to protect their pension pots... plenty of young people would either not vote because they are too lazy or vote leave.
There is a huge amount of reporting supposition instead of fact.
One fact is that the turn out of voters from the housing estates which are typically very low turn out was very high. These are the people who have been hammered by the government austerity measures... they would probably be leave voters because they a) Hate the government and b) believe the right wing media who blame immigration for their woes rather than rampant capitalism and globalisation.
Del

In reply to #15

06/25/2016 2:09 PM

I defer to you.

You are there, I'm not.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 15
In reply to #1

06/25/2016 5:39 AM

Eucalyptus oil

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1141

06/24/2016 12:05 AM
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 237
In reply to #2

06/24/2016 5:44 PM

It's what I use.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 24
In reply to #2

06/25/2016 9:30 AM

I have used Goo Gone, and it does work--just not as good as the ads say, which is normal. I usually have to apply it twice; once to get the sticker off with the likely help of a knife, and another time to get the remaining goo off.

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 351

06/24/2016 12:11 AM

Any local hardware store or similar should have what you need unless it is something special you are trying to do.

Just ask them, they are paid to help.

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 754

06/24/2016 12:49 AM

Pick a solvent that removes the stickygoop, but does not eat the underlying material. Some testing may be required in inconspicuous areas.

Good Answers: 589

06/24/2016 7:43 AM

Try this.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 25

06/25/2016 5:39 PM

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 25

06/28/2016 3:27 PM

Where to start? With the op question seems appropriate?
You can go out and ask some intelligent person or do trial and error for yourself?
Water will remove some stickers, because the adhesive is water soluable.
Next you could try methalated spirits, can be quiet effective on some adhesives.
Next white spirit (or a synthetic by many names) and so on... These, because
they are relatively cheap and easily available. Plus the many proprietary ones.
Hope these (obvious) solvents help you.

Del. Voting is not so anonomous as you may believe. Locally (at least) when
voting they cross your name off a list (for attending) and issue you with a seemingly
blank voting slip. However, these are listed (counted to tally) and sometimes you see
attendents actually write a number on the slip. This can be tallied later with your name.
It's very quick and, it does help check the validity of the voting (a genuine excuse) but,
by it's very nature can be reverse engineered to show who voted for whom or what.
This was pointed out and one could readily believe they have now a more concealed method.

in regard to the in/out vote, I admit to chosing exit. Why? 1. I think it better to be governed
by our MP's who are both accountable and electable. 2. The EU have had 40 years to show
an improvement for us, even at our own expense, and I believe they have failed to do so.
This is regretable, for through unity is strength, but unfortunately it is all, one for ones own.
By human nature, begger they neighbour. Even families fall out, what hope for countries?
Simply said: Tall fences make for good neighbours. Strength can provide strong friendship.

What I would like GB do now, is return to old values. Quality. To make products we are proud
of, as before. Ones that last a life time and can be repaired. Not to have cheaply made rubbish.
Not made nor imported. Our engineers to be appreciated and respected for what they achieve.
Not looked down upon as just workers; Morlocks to the more upper class citizens. For engineers
are truly the engine of society. The ones who actually create the world we all live in, and enjoy.

eerr...or is that brandy?

Is anyone still with me? Gee, I can spout when fired up! OK, I'll go back to sleep. Thank you for reading.
jt.

Couple of jokes to make up for my tirade....

A family is at the dinner table.The son asks his father, 'Dad, how many kinds of boobs are there?'
The father, surprised, answers, 'Well, son, a woman goes through three phases.

In her 20s, a woman's boobs are like melons, round and firm. In Her 30s to 40s, they are like pears,
still nice but hanging a bit.. After 50, they are like onions'. 'Onions?' Yes, you see them and they make you cry.

This infuriated his wife and daughter, so the daughter said, 'Mom, how many kinds of 'willies' are there?'
The mother, surprised, smiles and answers, 'Well dear, a man goes through three phases also.
In his 20s, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and Hard. In his 30s and 40s, it is like a birch, flexible but reliable.
After his 50s, it is like a Christmas tree. 'A Christmas tree?'

'Yes --- dead from the roots up, and the balls are just for decoration!'

We've all heard about people having Guts or Balls. There is a medical distinction between Guts and Balls,
but do you really know the difference between them? In an effort to explain, here are the definitions:

GUTS - Is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by your wife with a broom, and
having the Guts to ask: 'Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?'

BALLS - Is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on
your collar, slapping your wife on the ass, and having the Balls to say: 'You're next, Chubby.'

I hope this clears up any confusion on the definitions. Medically, speaking there's No difference in the outcome.

Both result in death.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 237
In reply to #18

06/28/2016 6:30 PM

All the doom and gloom in the press is the result of the press' desire for a global government and they are so disappointed that the Brits believe they should be a sovereign nation. Good for them and Godspeed. I'm sure the U.K. will be much better off divorced from the insanity that is Europe. Germany will be next to go when they get too tired of hauling all the others around.

Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 754
In reply to #19

06/28/2016 6:36 PM

The word for today is "autarky". North Korea is a perfect example. Go thou and do likewise.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Brave Sir Robin (2); Del the cat (3); Ed Watts (1); jack of all trades (1); jt (1); Lehman57 (1); lyn (5); Olie (1); Phaddy (1); Rixter (1); SolarEagle (1); Tornado (2)

Previous in Forum: How to Coat the Inside of Casing, Tubing   Next in Forum: High Gloss Plastic Finishes on Television LCD Frames

Advertisement