CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Data Science   Next in Forum: School Project Requires Creative Solutions
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Participant

Class 3000 Threaded Fittings Pressure Rating

09/20/2016 1:03 AM

Hi,

Class 3000 threaded firings pressure rating with reference documents.

Regards

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 754

Re: CLASS 3000 THREADED FITTINGS PRESSURE RATING

09/20/2016 1:26 AM

Sounds like a Google project to me. They will be fittings rather than firings, and there will probably be some adjustments for temperature. Also, please don't shout with all-caps.

United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Community Manager

Good Answers: 59

Re: Class 3000 Threaded Fittings Pressure Rating

09/20/2016 9:01 AM

Try this page from the engineer's toolbox. You can also review these GlobalSpec search results - many of the parts contain links to supporting documentation.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 269

09/20/2016 9:50 AM

The class of the fitting is the pressure rating.

class 3000 has a 3000 lb rating.

class 5000 has a 5000 lb rating

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 754
In reply to #3

09/20/2016 1:20 PM

Not entirely correct. For one thing, pressure is measured in psi, not pounds. For another, the rating depends on temperature (as was already mentioned).

Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 269
In reply to #4

09/20/2016 2:04 PM

I'm bad, I typed it like I was talking to someone that when I said rating was 3000 lbs. They knew it to be pressure in psi.

The pressure rating does change with temperature. So they pick a temperature to spec it to (up to 100º F). It's up to the user to check the device rating at the temperature it's being used.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 155
In reply to #5

09/20/2016 3:51 PM

What you meant to say: "I will accept 3000 £ Sterling in advance of giving the pressure rating."

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703

09/20/2016 3:23 PM

What an excellent topic for a Google search. Go for it.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 155

09/20/2016 3:50 PM

3000, and there could be some firings, alright.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

James Stewart (2); ozzb (2); PWSlack (1); SavvyExacta (1); Tornado (2)

Previous in Forum: Data Science   Next in Forum: School Project Requires Creative Solutions

Advertisement