CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: SIEMENS SSi N66 110 Technical Details   Next in Forum: Motor with One Moving Part Powers Ballbot
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Guru
CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - CR4 Moderator United States - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

Good Answers: 14

Transmit Passwords Through Your Body

09/28/2016 1:50 PM
Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1141

Re: Transmit Passwords through Your Body

09/28/2016 2:07 PM

Facial biometric pass key....

https://www.keylemon.com/

Good Answers: 168
In reply to #1

Re: Transmit Passwords through Your Body

09/29/2016 10:55 AM

I have been amazed by the ability of the Faces function within Apple's iPhoto and Photos to identify people, even when they are not always facing the same direction or significantly changed their appearance over time. It had no difficult identifying new photos of a friend who literally lost half his weight, from a photo taken before the weight loss.

On the other hand, I have seen it do just like people do, imagining a face in a cloud or machine components. As far as I recall, it never assigned a name to any of these imaginary faces, rather asking me to give that imaginary face a name.

And finally, I have seen it mistakenly identify two different people as the same person, so it is not failsafe. I do have to note that the mistaken identity I noted was of a small image of a single person within a group of around a dozen people. I assume that any password replacement software would require a relatively close image to make identification...

Good Answers: 1598

Re: Transmit Passwords Through Your Body

09/28/2016 7:27 PM

Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?

Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Anonymous Poster #1

09/28/2016 11:50 PM

They'll never get pass me anyhow

Register to Reply
Guru
United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Community Manager

Good Answers: 59

09/29/2016 12:48 PM

This could be interesting. I have been relying more and more on using the touch ID on my iPhone for accessing secure apps. It sure is convenient.

There would need to be backups though... just as I have to enter my passcode if the touch ID doesn't work. What happened if your hand was in a cast, or even worse, if you lost the finger that had been used?

Register to Reply
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 155
In reply to #5

09/29/2016 1:47 PM

Now where did I misplace that digit?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); dkwarner (1); James Stewart (1); lyn (1); SavvyExacta (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: SIEMENS SSi N66 110 Technical Details   Next in Forum: Motor with One Moving Part Powers Ballbot

Advertisement