CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: How To Remove Electrodes of Krohne Magnetic Flow Sensor   Next in Forum: How To Use Sweep Generator And Scope For Filter Test?
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Participant

TGA PT1000 Doesn't Work on My PC

11/22/2016 5:20 AM

I've recently bought this for our lab. It's a thermogravimeter which is used to test samples in different temperatures.

It's supposed to be PC controlled but somehow my PC does not recognize my TGA at all. My operating system is Windows 10 (64 bit) which is supposed to work for this. I have rebooted both my PC and my TGA a dozen times - nothing.

What's weird is that the application software runs without any problems - it just says that it's not connected to anything. Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong here?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 698

Re: TGA PT1000 doesn't work on my PC

11/22/2016 6:10 AM

The system supplier certainly does, and is at the end of a telephone.

Guru

Good Answers: 102

11/22/2016 7:18 AM

It apparently has a USB interface. If you un-plug it, re-boot your PC, and then plug it back in, do you get a 'new hardware' message? Or, in Device Manager, does it show to be connected? There is probably a device driver that has to be installed. Was that done?

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru

Good Answers: 1089

11/22/2016 10:40 AM

Try another port, search for any driver updates, make sure latest driver is installed....click on help for application troubleshoot configuration....It says the software is 32 bit....

http://www.linseis.com/en/our-products/thermogravimetry/tga-pt1000/

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

bigg (1); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: How To Remove Electrodes of Krohne Magnetic Flow Sensor   Next in Forum: How To Use Sweep Generator And Scope For Filter Test?

Advertisement