Close
Close
Close
8 comments

Temperature Transmitter Calibration

11/23/2016 2:27 AM

good day all

dear everyone,

myself surabhith,i am working in a calibration lab.i just new appointed here.i have a doubt about how to do the calibration of the temperature transmitter PT100/3P(IST)by using a standard process calibrator DRUCK DPI720.its range is -45-120 degree.it is a amonia plant.site calibration,can you please tell me the full procedure for this.please help me using druck.

thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 695

Re: temperature transmitter calibration

11/23/2016 2:56 AM

Just a minute. The calibration laboratory doesn't have a Standard Procedure for calibrating the facility's temperature instruments? How bizarre. How on earth was it done before the date this new appointment was accepted?

It seems that it is time a few phone calls were made to Druck to establish how to do it and a Standard Procedure written-up in response to those calls that embraces the facility's temperature instruments. Otherwise, how would future new appointees be expected to continue the work and thereby maintain quality control (rhetorical question - NNTR)?.

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 345

Re: Temperature Transmitter Calibration

11/23/2016 1:51 PM

If no one at the lab knows what they are doing, refer to the transmitter and calibrator documentation, the customer's actual measured temperature range and the standards you are testing to for guidance on the required calibration range and whether or not the calibrator you have is suitable.

Obviously you are not testing the whole or most of the temperature range of the PT100 in this case (unless the customer has expressly asked for it or the particular test standards dictate it).

Jack - Former test lab technician and current test lab signatory (among other things)

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

11/23/2016 2:01 PM

hi all,

can i calibrate thermometer of range of -40-50 degree by dry block or bath? or how can it calibrate? can u please help me?

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/109677/Thermometer

Wait, SERIOUSLY? Why have you not been given the proper tools and properly trained by the test lab you now work in on how to do your job? Get THEM to train you properly.

I am guessing this lab you work in is not independently accredited and audited.

11/24/2016 1:42 AM

ok thank you for your all replys.i just leave from this forum.but i have an advise to all ,pls try to dont regret others without understand their situation.i think everybody is not entering their job with fullfill knowledge. good bye..but i dnt want to loose..god with me

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 695
In reply to #4

11/24/2016 4:01 AM

It is not this forum's job to train its subscribers in doing their job; it is the subscribers' employer's job to do that.

In reply to #5

11/24/2016 1:31 PM

Exactly. Given the available information it looks like it is the employer that is at fault (not the poster) for not doing their job training new staff and providing the resources to do the job.

It's more than just being given a guide by someone, it is also about following applicable test standards and this is not something we can or should advise someone on for work they are apparently being paid by customers for. This defeats the whole point of calibration if it is not performed correctly by trained staff using the proper equipment which itself is calibrated.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 201
In reply to #4

11/24/2016 9:57 PM

If I were to tackle the problem in a proper procedure that you are apparently confronted with I would try the following path for the information I was seeking. This is based on having been the guy who is looking for it and the guy who has it but doesn't know that someone is looking for it:

Ask a fellow lab technician/engineer/scientist if he/she knows where there is one. A lot of people can't read minds so you have to ask them. This sometimes starts a chain of seekers so you have many others looking for it too.

Look in your desk. There are more than creepy crawlers and old Playboy magazines in there.

Look in file cabinets. Start with those that are labeled with the most appropriate and nearest subject names. I.e. start with the one labeled "temperature transmitter calibration" and not the one labeled "Bldg #2 storage tank leak testing".

In place of the previous two or after you have tried them, call the manufacturer and ask them. They always want to sell you more equipment so they are usually cooperative.

If the facility is large enough to have a library try it.

Now you have reached the point of diminishing return. The more time you spend on it the less productive and more costly your search will be. Buy a new unit and work to calibrate it with the manufacturer’s suggested procedure. Test it at your facility. Next tell your boss and his boss how well you solved the problem, all the money you saved the corp., how the quality of the product has increased, lower manufacturing costs, higher customer sales based on consistent quality and any other "brownie points" you can think of.

If after all this you still have doubts about how to calibrate the instrument go back to the storage and dispensing container of Sodium Chloride crystals and calibrate the dispensing rate. It is located on the horizontal plain adjacent to the food preparation area.

ok thank you for your all replys.i just leave from this forum.but i have an advise to all ,pls try to dont regret others without understand their situation.i think everybody is not entering their job with fullfill knowledge. good bye..but i dnt want to loose..god with me

It is obvious that we understand your problem better than you do. Remember the words of my mother “You can catch more flies with sugar than you can with vinegar”!

Good Luck, Old Salt

Good Answers: 7

11/25/2016 10:23 PM

Wait a minute, I'll ask your Boss.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Register to Reply 8 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

gutmonarch (1); jack of all trades (3); old salt (1); PWSlack (2); surabhithpk (1)

Previous in Forum: Profibus DP & PA   Next in Forum: Thermometer

Advertisement