CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Nothing Wrong With Analog Knobs And Manual Controls   Next in Forum: FBI Busts VW
Close
Close
Close
19 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Autobalance Bike by Honda

01/07/2017 10:49 AM

There's a hope of going home to drunk drivers

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 341

Re: Autobalance Bike by Honda

01/07/2017 11:03 AM

You don't belong on a bike if you can't handle it.

Good Answers: 19

01/07/2017 11:14 AM

I like the way it changes the rake angle.

That could be useful in their race bikes.

Increasing rake gives better feel in long fast corners.

Decreasing rake allows for faster transition from vertical to lean in short slow corners and flips from one side to the other.

Fixed frame geometry is always going to be a compromise but having that flexibility could be a game changer for them.

Maybe their riders wouldn't need to use their knees and elbows so much to keep from falling into the corner.

Guru

Good Answers: 115

01/07/2017 11:49 AM

The hope of going home for drunk bikies already exists and is called a 'taxi.'

Reply Good Answer (Score 4)
Power-User

Location: Baytown Tx. USA where you get your gasoline,chemicals,plastics and floods
Good Answers: 6

01/07/2017 11:52 AM

As a bike rider , ninja 650 and a shadow 1100, i have to question how it would correct for gravel on the road during a sweeping turn. If you cant keep a bike upright you should not be on one.

Guru

Good Answers: 589

01/07/2017 9:22 PM

Hi-Tech training wheels!

Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru

Good Answers: 23

01/08/2017 1:21 AM

If it wasn't for that annoying din, the video might have been interesting.

I thought that the whole purpose of falling over was to tell if you were riding fast enough.

Associate

01/08/2017 6:14 AM

Wait a minute - I saw the same thing here a few months ago with BMW. So I think it is the safe to say that this is just like hybrid cars - every manufacture has one. What what they will call it SPOT. Here Spot (whistle) and it follows you. Does this mean that you have to take it outside to go to the potty or is it housebroken!

Power-User

Good Answers: 7

01/08/2017 8:07 AM

It may keep you from falling over, but it does not keep you from riding at excessive speeds, crashing into other stationary or moving objects, or making any one of a million other bad judgments when you are impaired. As was stated earlier, you either don't belong on a bike (or driving a car for that matter) if you can't handle it and if you have been drinking find someone else to drive you, be it a friend or a taxi.

01/08/2017 2:14 PM

I can be falling down drunk and still ride my bicycle.

Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Commentator

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #9

01/09/2017 4:21 AM

Given the propensity of MOST (not all) cyclists to do stupid things, would anyone notice the difference?

Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 155
In reply to #9

01/09/2017 11:15 AM

Is that because you cannot peddle it fast enough to hurt yourself? ROFLMAO at people who think that impaired is a good way to travel through life!

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #9

01/09/2017 2:02 PM

I don't see how you could considering you came in on a horse.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703
In reply to #9

01/10/2017 7:28 AM

Given that a driving licence is not necessary for a bicycle in the UK, one wonders whether being found "drunk in charge of a bicycle", which is a statutory offence, leads to penalty points on a driving licence?

Just askin'. <hic>

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #9

01/10/2017 8:34 PM

"I can be falling down drunk and still ride my bicycle."

How would you know?

Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

In reply to #16

01/11/2017 10:29 AM

He could at that point be lying on side, on the bike (with it laying down), and lying about the whole experience, still pedaling the bike.

In reply to #17

01/11/2017 10:34 AM

He only thought he was riding a bike,... but he was too drunk to notice, what he was actually riding...

Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703

01/09/2017 3:39 AM

"Shanks' Pony" is a better method of going home in such circumstances.

In reply to #10

01/09/2017 2:33 PM

Make sure you tie a small bell to the saddle, in case of claim jumpers need to be forewarned to take positions for the impending ambush.

01/12/2017 1:46 PM

Actually I wasn't THAT drunk. I was on a vintage bike ride, had about four beers, (good ones) and lost my balance while rolling my bicycle out to the street. I began to fall, tried to recover, and I realized it was hopeless I relaxed and rolled with it. Once on the ground, I picked myself up, staggered a bit, mounted the bicycle, and it was smooth rolling after that.

Reply to Forum Thread 19 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andrew Westman (2); Charlie Greenwood (2); d_m_rosenberg (1); James Stewart (3); Neiljohn (1); phoenix911 (3); PWSlack (2); Rixter (1); ronc (1); Sailor Rick (1); tonyhemet (1); wrenchtwirler (1)

Previous in Forum: Nothing Wrong With Analog Knobs And Manual Controls   Next in Forum: FBI Busts VW

Advertisement