CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Freon Gas or Ammonia   Next in Forum: Specifications of the Motor Required to Operate a Blower of Dia 2m
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Participant

Engineering Project

01/20/2017 2:04 PM

Please help me in understanding the working of this circuit thoroughly !!!

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 115

Re: Engineering Project

01/20/2017 2:28 PM

Please post a link to the full-size image. This is practically illegible.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1141

01/20/2017 2:31 PM

You need to make the schematic much larger...

Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 237

01/20/2017 3:28 PM

Or you could just tell us which Linear Technologies application note this was taken from.

It would be helpful for you tell the forum what you DO understand and what you find troubling with this schematic.

Background information about your electrical/electronic engineering education would help us create answers appropriate to your knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering topics.

Register to Reply
Guru

01/20/2017 3:30 PM

Yes, along with a link to the original image/document, please also post your CV and university transcript.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 237

01/20/2017 3:40 PM

After expanding this image into a smeery mess, what I see here is an H-bridge power supply with a transformer isolated output. Those two yellow blocks at the top probably are high-side drivers for the top two MOSFETS in the H-bridge. The bottom two MOSFETS are driven by push-pull drivers. Since this power supply design has high side drivers, I'm guess the input voltage exceeds the maximum voltage rating of the controller. The yellow block in the lower left controller is the PWM controller chip. That particular chip will have a lot of FM processing in it. You will probably have to understand about the particulars of loop compensation as well. What do you know of phase margin and stability criteria? How about volt-second balance? If you don't know anything of these last two questions, you're screwed.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 8

01/21/2017 8:38 AM

Why would you like to know?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #6

01/21/2017 1:08 PM

It is sufficient that he/she does.

Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 351

01/22/2017 2:21 PM

My professional advice is to read the datasheets and application notes for the individual controller chips. There should be enough information there to get an understanding of most of it. That is what I would do if I were tasked with this problem.

We don't do homework on CR4, so even if we could read the schematic all we would do is give you a broad understanding or guide. You will need to do the rest of the work yourself to learn how, after all we won't be there when you are required to do the same in the future.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703

01/30/2017 3:48 AM

It's unreadable here. Invitation declined.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andrew Westman (3); Brave Sir Robin (2); gutmonarch (1); jack of all trades (1); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Freon Gas or Ammonia   Next in Forum: Specifications of the Motor Required to Operate a Blower of Dia 2m

Advertisement