CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: What Can I Use To Make And Brake An Electric Motor Connection?   Next in Forum: API 650 Flush Type Connections
Close
Close
Close
12 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

4-way Diverted Valve

01/31/2017 7:29 AM

Am Planning to dismantle 4-way diverted valve to inspect the slips and plug which we suspect failure on it,Valve is 16 inch made by General valve B4711,I have minor info which i downloaded from Cameron web sit, any one have experience with such valve pleas your advice knowledge is highly appreciated

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 341

Re: 4-way diverted valve

01/31/2017 7:47 AM

the General valve B4711 from Cameron is basic literature.

The only type of inspection you can do is a visual inspection.

Why are you inspecting it?

do you have a rebuilt kit? if you don't call a supplier about it.

We rebuild our own valves we use in our process plant.

I would imagine you have the Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual, use this in conjunction with getting a rebuild kit.

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

In reply to #1

01/31/2017 8:03 AM

Thanks

Pleas can you send me maintenance manual, inspect to identify the failure, is it in slips or in plug then order the required kit

Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703
In reply to #2

01/31/2017 8:18 AM

A higher chance of an appropriate result may be had by contacting the equipment supplier directly, instead of via an intermediary. Here is the protocol:

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #2

01/31/2017 8:19 AM

GENERAL VALVE Four-Way Diverter IOM - Cameron

Call your supplier for a Repair kit, this would normally include all necessary consumables... May have to designate gasket material, EDPM, Silicon, ect....

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

In reply to #1

01/31/2017 8:09 AM
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
In reply to #3

01/31/2017 8:19 AM

See #4⇑.

Guru

In reply to #3

01/31/2017 8:21 AM

That's is just a brochure.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #7

01/31/2017 8:42 AM

Do you have the manual to send to me

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

In reply to #8

01/31/2017 8:48 AM

See #4⇑. The original supplier has so many manuals that they are sending them out just to get rid of them.

In reply to #8

01/31/2017 8:52 AM

Follow the link on post #6. and open the pdf. Don't mind the calling the vendor, I'm that can be done.

What I did for you, I'll do for our maintenance department all the time. After you get familiar with the manual, call your supplier.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 155
In reply to #10

01/31/2017 2:49 PM

Wow, the hits just keep on coming, don't they?

In reply to #11

02/01/2017 2:34 AM

"Not 'alf!"

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); James Stewart (1); Khalid A/Rahim (2); phoenix911 (4); PWSlack (4)

Previous in Forum: What Can I Use To Make And Brake An Electric Motor Connection?   Next in Forum: API 650 Flush Type Connections

Advertisement