CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Creating An Extension Based Context Menu Item In Windows   Next in Forum: Fagor CNC Threading Error 017
Close
Close
Close
12 comments
Associate

Good Answers: 3

500 Internal Server Error

02/02/2017 12:10 AM

I am a layman user of web. I have a issue.

While I am in midst of online transaction with my bank (trusted site book marked in my PC and being used for years now) –till last popup asking to check and confirm the transaction all is Ok however when I click submit on this popup I get a message “ 500 Internal server error “ I tried using CROME, IE and Mozila after Deleting all cookies / history and temp files but result is same.

Can some one help me understand and resolve.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 115

Re: 500 Internal server error

02/02/2017 12:49 AM

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server, but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.

It has nothing to do with your end of the connection and so using different browsers won't help. The problem is with their end. Their server has encountered some sort of problem but cannot tell you more.

You can wait until they fix it or ring your bank or go in to conduct your business.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1125

Re: 500 Internal Server Error

02/02/2017 12:23 PM

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 152
In reply to #2

02/02/2017 2:35 PM

NO, that is Andrew.

02/02/2017 12:38 PM

"... in midst of online transaction with my bank ..."

You may wish to check with your bank that the transaction was not corrupted midstream; say, if you were in the middle transferring funds that debited your account but were not actually credited to the payee, those funds now in limbo and the payee now demanding you pay what was supposedly transferred. I'd definitely check with the bank.

Register to Reply
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 152

02/02/2017 2:38 PM

Certain people really want you to know what happened to your money.

Either:

1) it remains a null transaction (nothing happened)

2) it started a transaction that is now stuck in limbo.

I have no idea which it could be, but if I were any number of agencies, I would be interested.

02/03/2017 1:21 AM

Dear fellow members

Thanks for response.

More information as sought by you.

Nothing happened to money it is safe in my account.

I have taken up this issue of 500 internal server error with bank- customer care - they have standard answers - They advised me to delete all cookies / all history and all temp files. Re start and try again which I did for Come, Mozila and IE but noting has change the situation. then only posted my massage in this form.

Regards

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #6

02/03/2017 1:32 AM

Glad your funds are safe. Is their system working now?

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 6

02/03/2017 2:27 AM

Check your last ten transactions on your account, if you have rights.

Register to Reply
Associate

02/04/2017 5:51 AM

Status remains unchanged. Money is safe no issue. I can see balance and transactions all good. Only solution seems a visit to a branch and do manual transect. I shall do so on Monday. That is a solution not understand the issue. I wanted to understand the issue and remedy.

Regrds

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #9

02/04/2017 9:13 AM

Unless you are the bank's sysadmin, it's not too likely you're going to resolve it any time soon.

Register to Reply
Guru

Location: just died off here (now i may flicker back for a while)
In reply to #9

02/10/2017 5:01 PM

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-troubleshoot-common-http-error-codes

couple of years ago there was issues with my local bank and ??? IE or FF or both since only IE can print web correct it might've been it -- the error was either 204 or 404

after some web browser updates (during couple of month - perhaps also at bank's server side) the issue vanished ???

neither the Microsoft support nor the Bank could provide any valid solutions -- thus we can guess the temporary incompatibility in between server and browser versions and or configurations . . .

In reply to #11

02/18/2017 1:30 AM

Issue resolved UPDATE

Since then the bank technical team called me and informed that they have done necessary correction in their system. I did check and found problem resolved.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 12 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andrew Westman (4); ci139 (1); gmphadte (1); James Stewart (2); Sanjayvt (3); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Creating An Extension Based Context Menu Item In Windows   Next in Forum: Fagor CNC Threading Error 017

Advertisement