CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Looking for a List of Technical Illustrators and Prototype Builders   Next in Forum: Could You, Too, Be A Troll? Research Says Yes.
Close
Close
Close
30 comments
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member

Good Answers: 208

Flowing Pipelines

02/07/2017 3:40 PM
Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1541

Re: flowing pipelines

02/07/2017 4:02 PM
Register to Reply
Guru
CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - CR4 Moderator United States - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

Good Answers: 9

02/07/2017 4:29 PM

I'm tempted to move this thread to the Break Room, since it's obvious that the pipeline topic has turned political in this community. Keep it limited to engineering topics (like, doesn't this have to go under a river or something) or there will be a change of venue. Thanks, folks.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 3)
Guru

In reply to #2

02/07/2017 4:48 PM

Please do.

The OP is trolling anyway.

I won't be following it there.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 3)
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 319
In reply to #2

02/07/2017 5:04 PM

Do it, this was bait for the weaker mind trolls and it didn't take long for a catch.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #5

02/07/2017 5:42 PM

LOL..., maybe I should have said;

"Do it, this was bait for the weaker mind trolls fools and it didn't take long for a catch."

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member

Good Answers: 208
In reply to #13

02/07/2017 5:48 PM

careful a whiney teachers pet might just start messaging the staff here to further their childish complaining.

Register to Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #16

02/07/2017 5:51 PM

Really? How,.... disappointing.

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #2

02/07/2017 5:35 PM

It's off the Main Page at least. Maybe move it all the way to the Break Room?

Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 741

Re: Flowing Pipelines

02/07/2017 5:01 PM

It depends if the flow actually stays where it is supposed to.

In reply to #4

02/07/2017 5:08 PM

That's true. But that's not the only environmental mess a pipeline creates.

In reply to #6

02/07/2017 5:19 PM

Biased conservative alternative fact RAG.

Just like the "widely reported" climate hoax thread that your co-conspirator tried to pass off as "news"? No verifiable sources, Doesn't matter!

Let me guess, there were a "million, million and a half" dirty indians there trashing the poor pipeline's ROW? Take it to the break room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register to Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #7

02/07/2017 5:40 PM

Actually, there was a large group of non-Indians that supported the Indians protest.

But I can see you do a lot of guessing.

In reply to #11

02/07/2017 5:43 PM

There's already one troll at work here, why not move on?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #14

02/07/2017 5:49 PM

Lol, a troll would say that to a troll fighter... btw, and how do you fight or challenge a troll, with another troll of course. You crack me up... lol

In reply to #17

02/07/2017 8:13 PM

You disgust me.

The pope added: "Germany ... was looking for a leader, someone who would give her back her identity and there was a little man named Adolf Hitler who said 'I can do it'."

"Hitler did not steal power," the pope said. "He was elected by his people and then he destroyed his people."

The Germans at that time also wanted to protect themselves with "walls and barbed wire so that others cannot take away their identity", he said.

"The case of Germany is classic," he said, adding that Hitler gave them a "deformed identity and we know what it produced".

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #23

02/08/2017 6:01 AM

The reason why you're disgusted is that 4 months ago, liberals like yourself was boasting that the GOP was in a disarray and that it was the end of the GOP.

It all came crashing down for you on November 8, 2016

And now you just need someone to blame it on, just like the NAZI's.

I have big shoulders and will stand toe to toe with you, while using your own bs against you. That's all I'm doing and that what really pi$$es you off. So cry your tears elsewhere.

Why don't just you grow up you raving political lunatic.

one more thing, from your own words, I thought you were out of here you bs'er.

I like to leave this posting on a positive note... at least you're consistent.

In reply to #23

02/10/2017 9:27 PM

The pope? You're using the pope as a defense.

Did you know as the third Reich roll across Europe, the Vatican was silent.

The Disgust you see, is the reflection in the mirror.

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

In reply to #28

02/10/2017 9:34 PM

Different popes.

In reply to #29

02/11/2017 5:24 AM

Same Vatican willing to set-aside its religious convictions to protect its power base that continues today.

And the point remains, The reflection still reflects disgust.

In reply to #6

02/07/2017 5:30 PM

The perfect poetic justice for that would be to arrest them and sentence them to as many hours of public service as it takes to clean up their mess.

In reply to #8

02/07/2017 5:38 PM

I would agree, but I've seen a lot of gathering of protests (news) that this happens.

The planning is mostly based on getting people to the event. That's why I can understand having a permit issued to a person or group that is organizing the protest or gathering to hold responsible.

In reply to #8

02/07/2017 5:40 PM

And when, not if, the pipeline fails where will be the justice?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #12

02/07/2017 5:47 PM

I believe tornado answered that on another thread in the break room... something to the effect of having a redundant system, or a double wall. Which is a great idea, if at least in areas that or sensitive or high risk to failures.

you were there on that thread preaching.

And tornado is the only one that offered a solution... you weak minded CR4 member fool

so keep trolling, if not here, it'll be somewhere else because that's what you do best.

In reply to #15

02/07/2017 5:54 PM

We're DE-regulating, not increasing the safety of any pipelines or any other mining of natural resources. Where have you been?

Coal is King again, haven't you heard.

<Cheers, you fools>

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 3)
Guru

In reply to #19

02/07/2017 5:57 PM

great, I can hang up my troll fighting armour on this thread now and get back to the subject at hand.

and by the way, the post you responded to... I nailed it... lol

Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 610
In reply to #19

02/08/2017 7:18 AM

Deregulated is not the same as unregulated. Most if not all regulations could be rolled back to the Clinton levels of 1999 or the Bush levels of 2007 and the US environment would not be any more substantially threatened than it was during Obama 2015.

Most federal agencies suffer from two maladies, mission creep and the need to justify their own continued existence. They expand their domain beyond what Congress first established because Congress doesn't spend enough time watch-dogging the agencies they create. And the agencies have the notion that the safe levels of 1 part per million of substance X established in 2006 are somehow no longer safe enough in 2016 (despite any evidence) so they tighten the regulations to 1 part per billion - just because they can.

The fact that compliance with 1 part per billion is prohibitively expense compared to 1 part per million matters not one bit to the federal agency that sets that standard.

In reply to #25

02/08/2017 7:32 AM

Deregulated is not the same as unregulated.

lyn may not know the difference because of his sources.

A number of points lyn does not or refuses to understand.

1. you can not shut off coal like the last administration tried with regulations.
  2. There was no adjustment time for displaced workers with the on slaw of regulations that basically had the intent of shutting down the mines. (compounded by Cheap NG)
  3. these displaced coal miners (workers in the coal industry in general) is what helped bring Trump into office. (“Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. ” a partial quip from Ronald Reagan the following part was "When Jimmy Carter is out of a job, its called recovery")

Rolling back regulations back to the Clinton era is not that bad.

I have to say, we still have a lot of dead weight in the senate and congress that have no spine and all they care about is their political career.

We tried replacing them in 2010, and being in experience politicians does not work.

4. That also assisted bringing Trump into office.

The fact that compliance with 1 part per billion is prohibitively expense compared to 1 part per million matters not one bit to the federal agency that sets that standard.

Why would that matter to today's professional career bureaucrat? Hopefully it becomes yesterday's professional career bureaucrat.

In reply to #15

02/07/2017 8:01 PM

Indeed; this is a topic better handled by proper engineering than by political posturing.

Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 187
In reply to #22

02/08/2017 4:54 PM

We don't agree about politics, but I agree with that statement. G.A.

02/07/2017 6:03 PM

The article states;

"US Army intends to give Dakota Access pipeline the green light"

the term 'intends'... I would like to see the issues it has, there are I'm sure detailed concerns. And it's the detailed concerns I like to see.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andrew Westman (1); BestInShow (1); Fredski (1); JPool (1); lyn (7); phoenix911 (14); Tornado (4); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: Looking for a List of Technical Illustrators and Prototype Builders   Next in Forum: Could You, Too, Be A Troll? Research Says Yes.

Advertisement