CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®
Login | Register for Engineering Community (CR4)

Previous in Forum: Universal Motor   Next in Forum: Studies Showing EMF Radiation From PLC Smartmeters
Close
Close
Close
21 comments
Active Contributor

PCB Layout

02/11/2017 12:19 PM

please make me a layout for this IC. i will be very thankful of you guys. please help me.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1531

Re: PCB layout

02/11/2017 12:46 PM

More information required.

You have the pad layout, but the traces need to go somewhere.

You have a long way to go before anything meaningful will happen.

Start reading!

IC Layout Basics: A Practical Guide - Access Engineering from ...

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #1

02/18/2017 11:52 AM

I think he wants a symbol and footprint for his CAD program, but he hasn't told us enough info, what program, etc.

If I couldn't get hold of my PCB layout person, or they were too busy, I used to spend hours looking for symbols and footprints, even morphing my design to what I could find. But finally I took the time to learn how to do it, and now it's quick and easy and I often like to make my own special versions rather than use what's handed out. For example, frequently the schematic symbol has little detail and doesn't help the reader understand the schematic. This is especially true of switching controllers, etc. Or maybe you want to turn the part upside down (op-amp) and yet keep the positive supply on top. Or maybe you want a separate symbol for the supply connections (logic gates).

As for the PCB footprint, I like longer surface-mount pads if the board will be hand soldered, and some power parts really need larger pads to help conduct heat into the PCB. High-voltage parts need special clearances.

I have to confess I haven't yet mastered the recommended library system (Altium's vault), that's a really big problem because I have different versions of the same footprint hiding in different PCB project folders. Bad news.

Good Answers: 947

02/11/2017 1:40 PM

In reply to #2

02/12/2017 6:37 PM

"Linear Tech LT6375 Amplifier | Digi-Key Daily

Linear Technology's LT6375 +/- 270 V common mode difference amplifiers' internal resistors offer optimization for noise, precision, and speed by offering 7 divide ratio possibilities. The LT6375 includes a high performance op amp and is ideal for high-side, low-side, and bi-directional current sensing along with high to low voltage translation. Linear Tech's LT6375 amps are available at Digi-Key. http://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight/l/linear-tech/lt6375-270-v-common-mode-voltage-difference-amplifier"

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/linear-technology/LT6375AHMS-PBF/LT6375AHMS-PBF-ND/5825341

http://www.linear.com/solutions/5972

In reply to #18

02/12/2017 9:11 PM

Good Answers: 10

Re: PCB Layout

02/11/2017 6:23 PM

What Layout?

Management is just like a bunch of Monkey sitting on a tall tree. Some climb to the highest branch and some at the lowest branch. The highest Monkey look down and see a lot of happy faces but the lower Monkey looks up and see nothing but all the....
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1531
In reply to #3

02/11/2017 6:48 PM

MISO

written information that I can show to my teachers?

He's a student.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 60

02/11/2017 9:26 PM

Why not show us a drawing of a screw and ask us to design a car around it? At least we have ideas what cars look like, what they do, and what goes into them, but this drawing? It tells us absolutely nothing about your circuit. What is that chip? Who knows?

Truly, based on this tiny fragment how could you possibly expect anyone on this entire planet to know what you have in mind? Did this not occur to you?

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 10
In reply to #5

02/11/2017 10:44 PM

I agree with you or maybe the better ways is to show us a pieces of carbon and we will desigh the aeroplane tyre up to the entire aeroplane.

Management is just like a bunch of Monkey sitting on a tall tree. Some climb to the highest branch and some at the lowest branch. The highest Monkey look down and see a lot of happy faces but the lower Monkey looks up and see nothing but all the....
Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #5

02/12/2017 3:36 AM

you are exaggerating andrew. If you are not capable of doing so , you can simple move on/ ignore it. instead of helping don't write long comments.

the question is simple and is provided with full information. i want the layout of IC , not of entire circuit.

thanks .

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru

Good Answers: 171
In reply to #8

02/12/2017 4:09 AM

I've given you an off topic on this because Andrew is absolutely correct in his assessment of the question you have posed.

You want the layout of the IC, but you fail to tell us what the IC is.

The layout of an IC (if that's what you really want) is basically the mask design, or the setout of all of the internal structure - components, traces etc. of the chip and, even when all may be mounted in identical cases, this can be vastly different for each IC dependent on the chip's intended purpose. Is it a clock chip, an Op-amp, a pulse width modulator etc. etc.?

For security purposes, the manufacturer is unlikely to provide such information, and it would likely be far too complex to be of any value to you anyway.

Maybe what you want is the chip schematics, but again the actual part number of the chip is required.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #9

02/12/2017 4:15 AM

PCB layout for IC package. can you understand my question now ?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

Good Answers: 16
In reply to #10

02/12/2017 7:43 AM

Maybe, perhaps, you deem that you are owed help and information, and others must oblige you, at your whim. So why not ask your local buddies in class to help you. FW.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #8

02/12/2017 12:26 PM

This post was deleted because it did not adhere to the behavioral policies of the site. Please review Section 14 of the CR4 Site FAQ and the Rules of Conduct.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 434
In reply to #15

02/12/2017 2:59 PM

In reply to #16

02/12/2017 3:07 PM

I was perhaps a bit too harsh. My apologies to the OP.

I have requested the Mods delete the content.

Guru

In reply to #5

02/12/2017 7:28 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

You need to believe in magic. The poster does. Or, he is seeking a miracle. No miracles or magic lurking on a back shelf in anyone's workshop/garage. Dig deep gents, dig deep.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 171

02/12/2017 3:27 AM

The big problem with these MSOP/SSOP-16 packages is the very small pin spacing (just 0.2mm between pins (the entire package is only about 4mm long). This can make it difficult to route high current traces such as ground and power which should typically be wider than the pin width of just 0.3mm, and still maintain safe arc distances.

One way to achieve this is to use a double sided circuit board and run the high current traces on the other side to the signal traces.

Another way, although not as pretty - but especially useful if chemically etching your own PCB, is to use either a SMD adaptor card or a MSOP to Dip SMT adaptor card, both of which will spread the traces out to a more workable spacing.

You can then either connect to the now wider spaced terminals for the SMD card or, if using the Dip card, plug the card into a receptacle, or use it as a through hole mount.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 434

02/12/2017 8:50 AM

The drawing you posted already defines the PCB pad layout:

Where the traces connected to the pads go is your problem.

In reply to #13

02/12/2017 11:46 AM

Right, I now have PCB, (purchased bread board) and IC, (Incised Crusts), how the heck do I make it work now? Please advise, need help.

Researched Google and they are closed. Tried Wikipedia but could not spell Wikipedia. Tried calling the supplier, my friend says I need a phone to do that. The post office closed down so I cannot send themail. Your advice please, exalted persons of 4 Clever Resources.

Guru

Good Answers: 215

02/13/2017 6:54 AM

I think the crucial bit of information missing here is which layout package you are using.

The really simple way to do it is to take the layout from a 16 pin Mini Small Outline Package (MSOP), and delete the pads for pins 2, 4, 13, 15 and the earth pad (in this case)

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andrew Westman (3); IQ (3); JohnDG (2); lyn (2); muhammad asad (2); Randall (1); Simon Wan (2); SolarEagle (3); spades (2); Winfield Hill (1)

Previous in Forum: Universal Motor   Next in Forum: Studies Showing EMF Radiation From PLC Smartmeters

Advertisement