CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: It's National Engineers Week!   Next in Forum: The Seven Wonders of TRAPPIST-1
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 749

Hmm. What's Behind the Changes in Online Interactions Lately?

02/22/2017 12:11 PM

Time - internet-trolls

Psychology Today - Why the online trolls troll

Alternet Media - Internet trolls explain themselves.

The Guardian - How to stop trolls on social media

Does rather give insight into why the general feel of being online in forums and social sites has changed so much in the last few months.

This article from about 5 years ago kind of gives some insight into where it's a lot of its likely coming from recently.

NY Times - How liberals are ruining America.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Re: Hmm. What's behind the changes in online interactions lately?

02/22/2017 1:15 PM

Fixed first link.

Time - Internet Trolls.

Interesting read and worth thinking about how we all interact and see each other on line.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 60

Re: Hmm. What's Behind the Changes in Online Interactions Lately?

02/22/2017 7:54 PM

I can't point to any single reason why? but there's been a downturn in trollish activity here the last few days.

In reply to #2

Re: Hmm. What's Behind the Changes in Online Interactions Lately?

02/23/2017 11:43 AM

Yea a certain member or two seem to have dropped off on their posting their usual idiotic drivel.

But to be fair I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to take up the empty space.

Mostly my thoughts behind the thread were due to some following some links on other sites regarding how internet civility as a whole has been seen to have dropped off substantially over the last several months and thinking about what all I have seen in that time as well.

Which to be honest if I said I have not seen a lot of people I once respected on numerous forums go ape poop troll in that time span I would be lying.

I think the general hope is that its just the liberal/uninformed/uneducated/gullible side of our culture in its last panicked death throws of having to accept lost the majority of its power and say in the country.

Seeing more competent, rational and realistic minds working to find a collective foothold in order to start moving our culture in a more productive and beneficial to the majority direction that we have seen for some time now is really scary to some.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 3 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: It's National Engineers Week!   Next in Forum: The Seven Wonders of TRAPPIST-1

Advertisement