CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®


Previous in Forum: Help Me With This!   Next in Forum: Introducing the World’s First Game for a Quantum Computer
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Guru

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hemet, Land of milk and honey.
Posts: 1262
Good Answers: 23

E Sight Eye Wear

02/25/2017 11:21 PM

I read an article in the local newspaper about a product called, " esight ". It is an electronic device that allows legally blind or those with low vision to be able to see. It was developed by an Electronic Engineer & a team of Engineers. Although it can't help every blind person to see ( according to the company website, approximately 15% of the population that are completely blind, the remaining 85% have the ability to see. Trials were performed at several major medical centers like John's Hopkins's, etc. The device is expensive @ $10,000 per unit. The company's mission is to get these devices into as many hands as possible. The website is: esighteyewear.com

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: at the beach in Florida
Posts: 19472
Good Answers: 1141
#1

Re: e sight eye wear

02/25/2017 11:57 PM
__________________
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. A.E.
Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster #1
#2

Re: e sight eye wear

02/26/2017 7:06 AM

I never thought this was real but, I am convinced it is

watch at 1: 55 to 59

Register to Reply
Guru

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 839
Good Answers: 33
#3
In reply to #2

Re: e sight eye wear

02/26/2017 10:31 PM

Funny--Is that George Soros (Just kidding)! I have watched the show, but my wife is not too keen of portions of it.

I find these new devices absolutely wonderful..There are some new cochlear implants that are allowing people to hear sounds they have never heard before, if , at all. Can you imagine being blind, and being able to see your children, wife, paintings at the Louvre, the stars, the leaves, the oceans , the streams, the trees, the mountains, the neighborhood you live in, those that live next to you and those families faces. Engineering at it's absolute most beneficial for mankind. Why can't we more people into these new emerging fields? I have heard that India alone , has graduated over 600K Engineers versus the US 85K . Can that be true?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Register to Reply 3 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); C-Mac (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Help Me With This!   Next in Forum: Introducing the World’s First Game for a Quantum Computer

Advertisement