CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Hospital Lightning Protection   Next in Forum: 3 Phase Contactor Question
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Active Contributor

Asset Management

02/27/2017 11:46 AM

i want to study asset management and life assessment and risk assessment and reliability model for electrical equipment

i need book or materials at this field

and i need the data base for electrical equipment like transformer,circuit breaker,turbo generators, and transmission line

and data about failure models for electrical equipment

i found a lot of paper at EPRI but all need dollars to download it

I NEED HELP I HOPE TO MAKE MY MASTER AT THISFIELD

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1058

Re: Asset Management

02/27/2017 1:12 PM

Good Answers: 229

02/27/2017 5:25 PM

This is a decent if limited open tech library.

Also, MIT provides an impressive amount of open course ware including notes and lectures.

Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 413

02/27/2017 8:11 PM

Since your Masters Thesis depends upon this I suggest that you start researching/understanding exactly what you have chosen to do so start here.

Once you go through this document you will have a better idea of the nature of your task, then you can use the many references contained therein to further sharpen your research.

Good Answers: 110

02/28/2017 8:19 AM

If you want to pursue this, first you need to understand some basic economics: There is not a profit if there is not first an investment. In other words, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" - If you want something of value, it will cost you. Looking for a "free" Master's is like looking for free gold. So if you have to spend some money to get the resources you need to get your Master's, then work to earn it. Those of us who have reached it have done the same.

That said, definitely investigate the resources the other contributors have recommended. These are respected people who have good things to offer. But don't depend on free resources alone. That will only get you a degree that is worth what you paid for it - NOTHING!

Good Answers: 17

02/28/2017 8:43 AM

The IEEE Gold Book is a good reference, IEEE 493-2007,IEEE Recommended Practice for the Design of Reliable Industrial and Commercial Power Systems.

may not be free, but could save you a lot of time compiling information from other sources, and maybe allows you to recognize good from bad, from a system viewpoint, a skill your future asset management employers (insurance underwriters) will be glad to pay you for.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

PeterT (1); RAMConsult (1); rwilliams (1); SolarEagle (1); truth is not a compromise (1)

Previous in Forum: Hospital Lightning Protection   Next in Forum: 3 Phase Contactor Question

Advertisement