Previous in Forum: Thesis Support   Next in Forum: Crazy Dream
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Fuzzy Logic

03/05/2017 7:44 AM

Is fuzzy logic a problem with/in physics and engineering?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 69

Re: Fuzzy Logic

03/05/2017 9:45 AM

Good Answers: 587

03/05/2017 9:50 AM

Fuzzy logic is basically a technique for implementing a control system. Rules for controlling a process are "blended" together to form a smooth transition from one control regime to the next.

Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 457

03/05/2017 10:35 AM

Fuzzy logic's applicable to pretty much any field, in problems where there's no analytical solution but examples of "correct" outcomes are available to teach it. Don't think it has much application in Physics.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774

03/05/2017 11:22 AM

Fuzzy logic is not a problem for any discipline. It is an analysis and decision making technique (tool) for many disciplines, including Physics and Engineering.

03/05/2017 6:05 PM

I think the point the OP is trying to make is....when physics and engineering exercise their disciplines, isn't pathfinding, i.e. for what reasons and what purposes they are respectively applied--isn't that a matter of fuzzy logic, by general definition, and not necessarily a way to program a computer for, let's say ROI or cost/benefit analysis.

Then, when you factor in the efficacy of those whose input is but a fraction of the combined effort over time....

I could go on. But I will stop there.

Every decision ppl make on a daily basis is arguably fuzzy logic....or maybe it's more Pavlovian. Hey...the question itself and the answers proffered, was a matter of fuzzy logic, don't you think?

Anonymous Poster #1

03/05/2017 6:11 PM

Didn't anyone read the hyperlink?

Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774
In reply to #6

03/05/2017 8:31 PM

Yes, I read it. As I said fuzzy logic is a tool for multiple disciplines, not just physics and engineering. Fuzzy logic has long been used by silicon and carbon based processors in the decision making process in marketing, music composition, biology, politics, and countless other disciplines.

A key in setting up any fuzzy logic decision is knowing how much information should be immediately conveyed, how much should be archived and how much is irrelevant. Getting this wrong can make things worse.

Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 237
In reply to #6

03/07/2017 1:25 PM

Sure did. Did you read even the first posting by Bob Pease?

Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 237

03/06/2017 4:27 PM
Reply to Forum Thread 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Brave Sir Robin (2); JohnDG (1); lexx7887 (1); redfred (2); Rixter (1); Tom_Consulting (1)

Previous in Forum: Thesis Support   Next in Forum: Crazy Dream

Advertisement