CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: AC Switch & Power Supply Reverse Engineering   Next in Forum: Scientists Unveil New Form Of Matter: Time Crystals
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member

Good Answers: 208

The New Sheriff In Town.

03/09/2017 11:59 AM

the EPA is evolving with the change of hands in DC . I concur

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000599854

Register to Reply
This discussion was "closed" on 03/09/2017 3:05 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
Closed trending away from engineering into Political. Please continue discussion in Break Room.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member

Re: the new sheriff in town.

03/09/2017 12:03 PM

let those 57 Chevys idle

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 131
In reply to #1

03/09/2017 1:43 PM

It is also true that the Food Pyramid lady did not want to put it forth that way, but she was employed by the United States Grain Producers, the big flour mills, and the sugar factories.

My new diet:

(1) carbohydrate limit is strictly supposed to be (for me, a diabetic) 60 g per day. I can get that much with a standard serving of quick oats, 175 g milk, and berries (75-100 g). Go figure. All this time I had been eating up to 120-160 g carbs per day, and my blood sugar numbers were not getting better, in fact, they slowly climbed.

(2) All fats except partially hydrogenated fats and oils containing trans fats are allowed in copious amounts. Fat never has and never will spike blood sugar. I now enjoy bacon to whatever amount makes me happy in the morning, wow!

(3) All the protein in the form of meat that I desire (within sane limits). Again, I love animal protein!

The propaganda was and has been that meat and fat were lying at the root cause of atherosclerosis artery disease, cardiac disease, etc. That the fats presumably caused high cholesterol, although no one ever showed me a demonstrated route in the body from fat, or fat metabolites to cholesterol. (I am sure one of you will now show what you have on it). The real truth is that blood sugars (whatever sugars are present, including glucose, fructose, pentoses, lactose, etc. are blood toxins, and are toxic to cells that make up the linings of arterial walls (and pretty much every other cell), when the values are above natural metabolic levels. Insulin has also been shown absolutely to be a toxin in the same way. When glucose rises, then so does insulin release into the blood stream.

Fats give a flat no rise response (other than 1%) to blood glucose. Proteins give a slow response that lingers on for a while, but the peak glucose level is far below that for short endurance spikes of blood glucose by consuming carbohydrates regardless of the source.

(4) All vegetables are suitable for the nutrition of mankind, with the possible exception of out of control quantities of the starchy vegetables such as Irish potatoes (that actually started in the Western Hemisphere), corn (actually a grain), sweet potatoes, yams, taro root, tapioca root, etc. Pile them on, add lots of butter, coconut oil, and or crunchy peanut butter, and you have a delicious treat, not something you would rather not have on your plate.

(5) All fruits and berries within moderation (they do contain carbohydrates, and these carbs also count).

I have witnessed my morning fasting blood glucose drop from 180+ down to 111 this morning. Some mornings (not all) I feel 10-15 years younger.

I used to love me some biscuits, sausage, and sausage gravy, but that is just off the menu now. I would rather have stir fry with bratwurst with spicy hot peanut sauce (like Thai cooking).

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 313

03/09/2017 1:29 PM

I feel this may be best served in the break room.

Good Answers: 131
In reply to #2

03/09/2017 1:44 PM

Does include the above delicious menu I just served up?

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 313
In reply to #4

03/09/2017 1:48 PM

deep down,... we're all meat eaters...

Good Answers: 751
In reply to #5

03/09/2017 2:07 PM

Personally I like to season my steak with a bit of CO2 and NOx!

Properly grilled over clean burning tire fire of course!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #2

03/09/2017 2:12 PM

you're right I didn't stop to consider it

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 7 comments
This discussion was "closed" on 03/09/2017 3:05 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
Closed trending away from engineering into Political. Please continue discussion in Break Room.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Fredski (2); James Stewart (2); phoenix911 (2); tcmtech (1)

Previous in Forum: AC Switch & Power Supply Reverse Engineering   Next in Forum: Scientists Unveil New Form Of Matter: Time Crystals

Advertisement