CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Coax Cable Spec's?   Next in Forum: How To Use Same Modscan Software for Data Logging and Graphics
Close
Close
Close
12 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 28

Locate Cell Phone Using the Phone Number

03/12/2017 6:18 PM

I work part time in the asset recovery business and for the main part people call to have us pick up an asset that is in financial distress. However some are in hiding. I know that there are many cellphone tracking apps but I do not wish to gather information other than the location of said phone via the phone number. Other information may be too personal to avoid breaking some law. I have spent much time on these web sites and asked questions some of which have not replied. QUESTION: Does any of cr4 members know of an app that only identifies location of a cellphone using only the cellphone number? Thanks in advance.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 995

Re: Locate cell phone using the phone number

03/12/2017 7:23 PM

In reply to #1

03/12/2017 7:31 PM

Thanks Solar Eagle I will pass that on.

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #1

03/14/2017 9:47 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/fbi-director-james-comey-no-absolute-privacy-a7619621.html

Seems after all you thought, it is not illegal. You have no privacy anywhere in the world today. And for information, all cell phones can be easily tracked by the service provider. Even in the UK, the street cameras for traffic control can track each cars occupants cell phone. Been around for many years.

Next time in an airport, look up at the microphones hanging down to pick up conversations. Nothing is private today, so Hammy, use the Dark Web (Deep Web), as most others do.

Interesting reading here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/oct/30/metropolitan-police-mobile-phone-surveillance

That lovely christian expression comes to mind; Do unto others,.....before they do you!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #8

03/14/2017 10:28 AM

Thanks I have solved the problem and the base is off shore, as well I am connected to the common law society and privacy does not apply to a device since as they state it has no soul. Since we do not wish any data from the phone only the location at a given time it probably is no different than looking at a car honking the horn. Is this a great group or what?

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #9

03/14/2017 11:32 AM

Careful, my good fellow. What you stated is NOT all true. It is only applicable what you have been told in Ontario. If a phone is off shore, your law or understanding DOES NOT apply. Be careful, as you can be sued personally for breach of another country's laws.

Try tracking a cell phone to another country, you are indeed taking data from a phone. Just as the Miranda Rights are different, (they are not all the same the world over), your laws are too. Your rights extend to a 7 mile limit around your coast and at the borders of your country.

Your wallet has no soul, nor has your credit card, glasses, shirt, car, or bike. That sounds like a fob-off.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 72
In reply to #9

03/30/2017 4:21 PM

Societies, such as the Common Law Society, have abounded throughout world history. But my personal take on their advice has always been "IF your advice is so good, can I depend on you to defend me, in any country in which I, with your advice, apply your advice, against any and all charges coming from the application of that advice?"

And if not, your advice is worth exactly what I paid for it. So put it back in whatever container you pulled it from, and quit offering it as authoritative. Lest you be sued for offering unqualified legal advice. And even though I make no claims to being qualified to bring suit, nor having anyone to whom I could afford to turn to for such services, or to whom I would turn for such services, I suspect there are many lawyers who would take the commission,and are qualified to do so.

All that says, Roy Hammy, step carefully. Just, step carefully.

In reply to #11

03/30/2017 7:29 PM

Since you are totally unfamiliar with the difference of Common Law and Statute Law I will leave you to your theories with this comment. Learn what it means to be a man/woman, learn about trespass and harm. Listen to some of Carl Lentz you tube voice presentations. Common law does not work with a lawyer it is man/woman v/s man/woman. No lawyer is allowed under common law. Again Carl Lentz..

Good Answers: 482

03/12/2017 7:46 PM

Call them and ask?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

03/12/2017 7:56 PM

That is part of the process at this time, very limited success. Looks like the issues are bigger than we realized.

Good Answers: 995
In reply to #4

03/12/2017 9:04 PM

Call them up and pretend you are a radio game show host, ask them stupid questions until they answer one correctly, say you've won, pass the phone to somebody else that is your secretary and ask them for an address to mail the $1000 check to.....stake out the address...

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 682

Re: Locate Cell Phone Using the Phone Number

03/13/2017 5:26 AM

What law enforcement agencies do is phone the number an offer to buy the car. After arranging the meeting the exact whereabouts of the telephone become apparent immediately.

Good Answers: 122
In reply to #6

Re: Locate Cell Phone Using the Phone Number

03/13/2017 10:45 AM

But then you have to worry about the shady car deal going south.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

IQ (2); James Stewart (1); micahd02 (1); PWSlack (1); Rixter (1); roy hammy (4); SolarEagle (2)

Previous in Forum: Coax Cable Spec's?   Next in Forum: How To Use Same Modscan Software for Data Logging and Graphics

Advertisement