CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Please Tell Me What Flange Thickness To Use For MS Sheet   Next in Forum: Insulation Between ID FAN and Chimney
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Participant

WRC 107/297

03/23/2017 4:29 AM

Dear All,

I have following question regarding WRC 107/297,

1) Is WRC 107 is applicable for radial nozzle acting on shell/dishend only ? If yes so what is the method for hill side nozzle which acting on shell/dishend ?

2) As per my knowledge WRC 107 calculation is require for process nozzle only for example process inlet or outlet. Is it mandatory for drain/vent/spare nozzle ?

Thanks and Best regards,

Vishal Mistry

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: WRC
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697

Re: WRC 107/297

03/23/2017 4:48 AM

A1) -

A2) What is a <...drain/vent/spare nozzle...> other than a process nozzle (rhetorical question - NNTR)?

In reply to #1

03/23/2017 5:34 AM

A2) What is a <...drain/vent/spare nozzle...> other than a process nozzle (rhetorical question - NNTR)?

Reply : drain/vent/spare nozzle are the utility nozzle.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697
In reply to #2

03/23/2017 10:56 AM

Nonsense.

<unsubscribes>

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 143

03/23/2017 11:24 AM

My question: Why or under what circumstances would you not undertake a full and complete loading stress analysis of the vessel and its component part in total?

Sounds like you are looking for an excuse to duck compliance with the standard.

In reply to #4

03/24/2017 6:04 AM

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your response.

My main circumstances are, i am doing a pvelite calculation for vessel. In this vessel dishend one spare nozzle is mounted on the hill side. In pvelite while i running the result the message comes "WRC 107 calculates stress for radial nozzle only".

As per my knowledge WRC 107 is for unpenetrated attachment on cylindrical/spherical shell only and WRC 297 is for penetrated round attachment on cylindrical shell only. So i just want to clarify that vessel main nozzle likes process inlet/outlet on which external piping are attached due to this external load comes on nozzle for this client has provided us allowable load for all nozzle. so how to verify WRC 107 hill side spare nozzle which is attached on the dishend and this is mandatory ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vishal Mistry

Register to Reply
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #5

03/24/2017 9:42 AM

So your nozzle is like this:

and you are saying it is not a penetration of the vessel? Really? I think you need to start over.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

James Stewart (2); PWSlack (2); vishalmistry (2)

Previous in Forum: Please Tell Me What Flange Thickness To Use For MS Sheet   Next in Forum: Insulation Between ID FAN and Chimney

Advertisement