CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: More Autonomous Accidents...   Next in Forum: Dodge Ram Electrical Problem
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Participant

Safety Guidelines Transporter

04/12/2017 5:15 AM

Hi everyone,

I am an self employed electrician working for some companies in England. I have a small transporer where I store all my tools. But there is no order. Are there some box systems to store all the tools? Do you have some reccommendations?

Thx, Klaus

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 685

Re: Safety guidelines transporter

04/12/2017 6:02 AM

Yes. Use Google to find tool storage solutions, and make a purchase.

Good Answers: 128

Re: Safety Guidelines Transporter

04/12/2017 10:33 AM

Since you already have the transporter, why don't you just type in which one to beam down when you need it? Is the mother ship standing by?

On a serious note: Why not use tool bags, one bag for each job type. Would those not fit in the microwave transporter?

Several companies offer bins that fit nicely on racks, but would the racks fit into/onto the transporter? Who knows?

Rather than start the game of twenty questions, tell us more about what you have and what you want.

Good Answers: 115

04/12/2017 11:22 AM

Mate there's everything from old cheese boxes to full-custom toolbox installations and everything in-between. Go online and see what's available and within your budget. This is not a unique problem, maybe see how other sparkies have done it and what works for them.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 7

04/12/2017 12:04 PM

Are these related to the issue of united airlines? I hope not.

Register to Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #4

04/12/2017 12:08 PM
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 7
In reply to #5

04/12/2017 3:33 PM

I hope James would not learn this thing called, Aikido. I can't imagine him at the entrance of cr4 office with his political rants going crazy like this. Peace, bud!

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1010

04/12/2017 12:27 PM

Fortunately there are many trades that provide services in the field and shelving and storage is widely used and available...

Every mechanic likes to layout his own van, you can build it yourself, or buy steel shelving systems, or a combination of both that suits your needs....Depending on what type of electrical work you are doing you may need more floor space or more shelf space, and that may change over time....I think it's best to start with a basic setup, work with it for a while and add features as you go....such as ladder types and mounting options, what parts you may want to stock that are common...Keeping tools and supplies in a specific place is necessary to stay organized, nobody wants to spend time having to look for a tool or part that you know you have, but can't find...It's a good idea to organize your truck at the end of every day and keep an inventory list of everything on the truck, so that once a week you can restock used parts and materials....At least once a year you should remove everything from the truck and clean it out, then update your supplies and inventory and categorization...

Van shelf storage systems search

In reply to #6

04/13/2017 7:36 AM

thank you guys for your informative answers to storage systems. I searched for well known and good brands and found everywhere two names: Bott and Sortimo. Did you make some experience with them? It costs a lot, so I want to have the best quality.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 8 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andrew Westman (2); gutmonarch (2); James Stewart (1); Klaus Becker (1); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: More Autonomous Accidents...   Next in Forum: Dodge Ram Electrical Problem

Advertisement