CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: New Google Earth is Pretty Impressive   Next in Forum: Multiple Personalities and Mirrors of Truth
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 155

The Entire Star-Spangled Banner

04/18/2017 11:07 AM

In a time when some want to burn the flag, some want to remove it as a contentious item, I still love Old Glory, and respect her. Here is a link to the entire national anthem, if anyone still cares to hear all the words: (on You Tube)

The Unabridged Star-Spangled Banner

I wanted to post this in the break room, so admin, please do your thing. I certainly do not want to make anyone uncomfortable, I just attempting to let my loyalty to my country be seen, when so many seem bent on her destruction.

Pathfinder Tags: US national anthem
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - New Member

Good Answers: 4

Re: The Entire Star-Spangled Banner

04/18/2017 11:12 AM

It's worth noting that musically our anthem is one of the most difficult to sing. Its range is pretty unrealistic for the average singer.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/2014/05/why-is-the-national-anthem-so-hard-to-sing.html

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 339
In reply to #1

04/23/2017 8:37 AM

Too many octaves....

Good Answers: 1140

04/18/2017 11:24 AM

It would be more impressive if you were singing it....?

In the Breakroom....

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

In reply to #2

04/18/2017 11:45 AM

Didn't I say I could not figure out how to post it there. I suppose if I sand La Marsellaise in Trafalgar Square, I could not get more dour welcome?

Good Answers: 1140
In reply to #3

04/18/2017 2:01 PM

You can pm me for a link anytime....

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 752

04/18/2017 2:20 PM

The insinuation that people who disagree are trying to destroy the country is a gratuitous attack on other users.

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #5

04/23/2017 12:02 PM

This same attitude, when instituted as a matter of national policy, ie, that disagreement with opposing points-of-view is paramount to an attack on one's own country, is the hallmark of totalitarian regimes. On the personal level, surrounding oneself with only those who agree with you and opposing all the rest, is a shortcut to stagnation.

"If you can only afford one newspaper, buy the opposition's." - Thomas Jefferson

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

In reply to #5

04/24/2017 10:34 AM

What insinuation? Why do so many hate what makes America, America? I don't get it. It is like loathing yourself, when you were made in the perfect image of Higher Power.

The only fascists I see are on the college campii where the opposing viewpoint has no freedom of expression at all, otherwise they throw temper tantrums.

What a crock of baloney!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andrew Westman (1); Hannes (1); James Stewart (2); phoenix911 (1); SolarEagle (2); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: New Google Earth is Pretty Impressive   Next in Forum: Multiple Personalities and Mirrors of Truth

Advertisement