CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: The Entire Star-Spangled Banner   Next in Forum: "Small Generator 3" Project Homemade Free Time
Close
Close
Close
12 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 8

Multiple Personalities and Mirrors of Truth

04/18/2017 1:52 PM

Recent studies found out that the use of pseudo name on forums and social utilities like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. could actually portray and express the opposites of one's true personality. This is because it gives confidence living as a different virtual super person without having to reveal oneself. Fulfilling a super fantasy, sort of.

Fixating or role playing a certain cool icon or taste and style of pseudo name could actually develop a new personality. "This is actually bad," researchers said. Since sooner or later, the user won't noticed that the character would eventually surface in life at some point in time. Also, having expressed a part of one's ego in the crowd could give an addictive reward and quite fulfilling feeling. The tendency is that people try to hide their good side in a corner while some exaggerate and rather display stupidity and sarcastic humor because of that acquired sense of power.

--Must be true, and I felt guilty

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: Multiple Personality
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 169

Re: Multiple Personalities and Mirrors of Truth

04/18/2017 4:21 PM

Is that why you changed your avatar?

I refute the premise - I KNOW I am not Gollum, well most of the time anyway. Where is it? They stole it from us!

In reply to #1

04/19/2017 4:24 AM

Oh, where's the Gandalf icon now? You used to say You shall not pass!!!

Yes.

Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 744

04/18/2017 7:01 PM

Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 224

04/18/2017 9:56 PM

. . . . and bravely turned his tail and fled.

I don't place too much stock in studies. They too often reflect the desired outcome of the author(s).

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

04/19/2017 4:30 AM

Like songs, the lyrics are embodiment of Lavaithan, the dragon.

For the fraternity

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

04/19/2017 4:52 AM

Bruce Dickenson spoke of it too.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 224
In reply to #6

04/19/2017 10:31 AM
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #7

04/19/2017 1:50 PM

I know a person who can raise the dead. But, some don't want to be raised alive. He said "Those who do not love me, loves death".

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 200
In reply to #6

04/19/2017 12:54 PM

GM, if you knew the forum members ages then you would know that most of them would not think any of that is music. Most of us seem to be over 50.

Check it out here, http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/112004/Age-of-CR4-members, and add your own if you wish. I suspect, you are one of the younger ones by your choice in music.

In reply to #8

04/19/2017 2:04 PM

I know, I used to be in the stuff before and have fond of reading all lyrics and speculate on the thoughts of the writer. Like most of them, speak the same language and it justified the book of all knowledge. Some in here too. The same ways and tricks of Esau, the mighty hunter, familiar spirits. If you have it, remember its not you, then you need help. Remember, the farther away you are, is the greater the faith you have if you call. The kind and gentle spirit which only One, unlike the negatives (which are Legions) does not reject anyone, if you call, then you'll get help. "A bruise reed I will not break. A smoking flax I will not quench." Whatever, you fear is your god.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 200
In reply to #10

04/19/2017 7:32 PM

I am 51 years old, my favorite band is KoRn, I have seen them live about 15 times. Does that surprise you?

In reply to #11

04/20/2017 10:17 AM

Nope, I used to listen to lots of these music and stuff from 50's till 2000 almost all genre's except pop-music. I love metal before.

I stop listening, when I discovered there's a power of the tongue to put curses or bless people. After I read all lyrics of most of dark and metal bands even pop artist like lady gaga to Marilyn Manson. It is involve in witchcraft. And listener's don't realized. Demons feeds and will influence emotions. LSS is a demon when you are into situation. Before, if you are a woman I could easily manipulate you with sending you songs once you'll listen then 90% of the time you'll be hooked. Oh there's power to it. I got cleaned.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 12 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Brave Sir Robin (2); gutmonarch (6); JPool (2); Mikerho (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: The Entire Star-Spangled Banner   Next in Forum: "Small Generator 3" Project Homemade Free Time

Advertisement