CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: AVR Interrupt Service Routine Not Executing as Fast as Expected   Next in Forum: Shear Pin Relay
Close
Close
Close
4 comments

Good Answers: 1

Current Unbalance in Motor When Connected to Siemens Masterdrive

04/19/2017 11:53 PM

I am facing low current on one phase and high current on other two phases of motor. But when i connected the motor with another drive (which is in use already) motor currents are perfectly balance. The drive type is 6SE7035-1EK60, 690A, 400V, simens master drive. I have replaced all three CTS, CUVC Card. But problem still presists. I am going to replace IGD card and IVI card now. Can you please tell me what is the source of the problem and what is its exact remedy.

Regards,

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: Current Unbalnce motor phase
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1010

Re: Current unbalance in motor when connected to siemens masterdrive.

04/20/2017 12:04 AM
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 685

04/20/2017 3:19 AM

There isn't one. Current imbalance is quite normal. In the limit, no load on two phases represents full load across one phase and the neutral for a single-phase load, for example.

Please tell the forum about the recent telephone discussions with Siemens on this topic, as there may well be something for the forum to learn from them.

Good Answers: 1

04/20/2017 3:55 AM

I got rid of the issue. Yes, by replacing IVI card (interface card). Current feed back from CTs come to the control card (CUVC) via an interface card IVI. I have already replaced CTs and control card.

I always thought that there was some problem with current sensing loop, which is coming to the controller. As the controller takes IGBT triggering and current and torque limiting decision on this feedback, these parameters are getting wrong resulting in generation of functions for IGBTs controlling.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 5)
Guru

Good Answers: 128
In reply to #3

04/20/2017 11:32 AM

Good on ya mate! It appears you are overdue for receiving your daily salt ration!

Your perseverance did pay off! Next time you already know what to do: Trade out IVI cards or the phase locations at the card input. If the problem moves around with wire assignment that should tell you something.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

James Stewart (1); nasr baloch (1); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: AVR Interrupt Service Routine Not Executing as Fast as Expected   Next in Forum: Shear Pin Relay

Advertisement