CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Which B2B Platform Will Customer Go To If They Want to Buy Heating Equipment?   Next in Forum: Precision Parylene Coating Service
Close
Close
Close
Participant

Steam Conditioning Valves Corroding Too Fast

05/09/2017 9:24 AM

Does anyone else have a problem with too quickly corroding valves? Since they are made for steam conditioning I'm very "???" as to why they seem to rust away after only 6 months. I'm looking into hardening them or something since we've already bought these valves in bulk. And they do work well but they seem to wear extremely quickly. Has anyone ever tried to boronize your valves? I have found this website for valves boriding but I'm not sure whether it would be the right choice...

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 689

Re: Steam Conditioning Valves Corroding too Fast

05/09/2017 10:27 AM

Surely this is a product warranty issue that merits a commercial discussion with the original equipment supplier? CR4 subscribers cannot get involved in that!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Which B2B Platform Will Customer Go To If They Want to Buy Heating Equipment?   Next in Forum: Precision Parylene Coating Service

Advertisement