CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Wireless Power for Electric Cars   Next in Forum: Newbie - How To Modify Vehicle Charger To Rechargeable USB or DC?
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Associate

The Questions about ELC-08D3R3E Fixed Inductor

05/16/2017 2:17 AM

Hello all. Thank you for taking time to read my post.

I would like to ask a question about ELC-08D3R3E fixed inductor--5V by using uln2003.

My schematic diagram is given below.I have add the pull-up resistance and the wiring are no problems. But I really don’t know why can’t relay pick up?
Can anyone help me ? Thank you a million.

Now two questions arose: (while I believe I get the point that this is how the reactive power is controlled while functioning as a normal rectifier for active power control, i.e. frequency control)

1. Inductance for high power rating are very expensive - why exactly do we find 1-Generator 1-Phase designs where the inductances are omitted? Or rather: Why do we need this inductance for filtering, buffering of reactive power here in the mentioned ELC design? Is it related to the 2-generator configuration? Is it because of the 3 phases? Is it possible to omit or replace their function?
  2. The working principle of the PWM dump loading is that we rectify the power the generators produce and no load currently needs. This task is solved by a Voltage Source Converter (VSC). The question arises if it is possible to go with Rectifier Diodes instead as simplification?

@2. Currently I can't see why not other than that some special power component is being controlled by this VSC or probably because diodes are not suitable for 5..20kW power range?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700

Re: The Questions about ELC-08D3R3E Fixed Inductor

05/16/2017 4:03 AM

The drawing is unreadable at 300% zoom.

In reply to #1

05/16/2017 4:22 AM

Do you mean that the diagram is not enough clear ?

Register to Reply
Commentator
CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - CR4 Moderator

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #2

05/16/2017 4:28 PM

Yes The text on the diagram is blurry no matter how much you zoom in. Please update the image. Also if you have an image with english text on it please provide that. See rule 2 of the CR4 Code of Conduct.

Register to Reply
Associate

In reply to #3

05/16/2017 10:01 PM

thanks for your suggestion. I will listen to your advice and based on it I will improve my passage. thanks a lot again.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

kynix (2); PWSlack (1); red_fish (1)

Previous in Forum: Wireless Power for Electric Cars   Next in Forum: Newbie - How To Modify Vehicle Charger To Rechargeable USB or DC?

Advertisement