Close
9 comments
Active Contributor

Triple Offset Butterfly Valve

05/26/2017 11:48 AM

I would like to know the deep design behind the triple offset butterfly valve

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru

Good Answers: 589

Re: Triple Offset Butterfly Valve

05/26/2017 12:36 PM

"The Benefits of Triple Offset Butterfly Valves: Triple Offset Butterfly Valves are vital in applications where bubble-tight shut off is needed. In a few applications, bubble-tight shut off can't be accomplished utilizing twofold counterbalanced butterfly valves. A few applications don't give themselves well to conventional butterfly valves, for instance applications including savage chemicals or media with little particles inclined to obstructing valves and duct. In these types of applications, Triple Offset Technology offers huge profits.

The triple-offset butterfly valve is a valve that has 3 balance contrast and the concentric butterfly valve. Much the same as the Double Offset butterfly valve that has 2 balances, this triple counterbalance additionally has the same counterbalance aside from it has one extra counterbalance which is a funnel shaped shape seat. This tapered shape seat will match with the plate that likewise created to match the seat. This plan will make the seat has no grating or rubbing while shutting or opening. This game plan will additionally make the valve has an air pocket tight in high weight application and any longer lifetime as opposed to Double Offset butterfly valve."

http://www.valtorc.com/valve-news/difference-between-a-double-and-triple-offset-butterfly-valve

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Power-User
Hobbies - CNC - New Member

Good Answers: 8

05/27/2017 4:26 AM

05/28/2017 10:58 AM

Thanks for your reply guys.

Currently I was working in a developing butterfly valve manufacturer company in a design department

So we were starting to design a triple offset valve.

I need to know that how the angle of the third offset determined and what are the basic rules to develop the triple offset valves.

How to calculate the torque of the triple offset valve.

Kindly help me by posting your valuable comments

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 55
In reply to #3

05/30/2017 1:34 PM

Good luck in your search.

Why would anyone who designs and manufactures triple or quadruple offset valves publish the essential design techniques for others to copy?

There might be public information through patents, but a lot of processes and designs are not patented specifically to deny competitors an edge.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703

05/30/2017 4:41 AM

Then contact the manufacturer directly! Sheesh!

Good Answers: 44

05/30/2017 11:57 AM

http://www.processindustryforum.com/article/triple-offset-benefits-triple-offset-butterfly-valves

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

06/07/2017 2:43 PM

FINALLY I HAVE DESIGNED A TRIPLE OFFSET VALVE

BUT I NEED A CLARIFICATION

THAT AS MARKED IN THE DRAWING

THE ANGLE SIDE IN THE BODY IS WITH THE LESSER WALL THICKNESS

AND STRAIGHT SIDE WITH MORE WALL THICKNESS

BUT WHEN I REFERRING THE CATALOG ITS VISE VERSA

CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN ON THESE PLEASE (AND HOW DOSE ANGLE DETERMINED)

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 421
In reply to #7

06/12/2017 1:20 AM

You are asking us to help you commit a crime by assisting your efforts in stealing someone else's intellectual property. Why not just look at some patent filings and copy them directly, instead of advertising to the world how you "design" something. I guess that your next queries will be how to forge test results and which documents to counterfeit to show that your products meet all applicable standards.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703
In reply to #7

06/14/2017 10:22 AM

Please STOP SHOUTING!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Carl_E (1); Johan van Niekerk (1); Jpfalt (1); Kumarasrdx (2); PWSlack (2); RAMConsult (1); Rixter (1)

Previous in Forum: Siemens QFM 2160 Failure   Next in Forum: Instrumentation

Advertisement