Close
Close
14 comments
Active Contributor

Please Help to Advise Information of Purchase Order

05/31/2017 10:11 AM

Dear Sirs

i receive Purchase order as below

1) Dead weight for Bagging system (check weigher in EMDE Big-Bag) = 50KG pieces * 20 ea = 1000KG (1 set)

2)Dead weight for Big bag system (dynamic weigher in the FFS) = 2eax5kg + 2ea x 10 kg . Or 6ea x 5kg = 30KG (1 set)

but i don't know what are they. Requester don't give any information. So please help me how to purchase, what certificate , or who can be supplier. This is very urgent.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 336

Re: Please help to advise information of Purchase Order

05/31/2017 10:16 AM

Why ask strangers on a public web site?

Pick up the phone and talk to your customer where you received the Purchase Oder from and ask them.

In reply to #1

05/31/2017 7:57 PM

Dear all

it's actually weird when i must ask public like that. But it's real, i'm working at local purchase order at NSRP project , i received request for purchase from requester but unfortunately he already demobilized. This request still pending and our department nobody have knowledge about technical, that why i need the help from engineering forum.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774

05/31/2017 10:28 AM

You don't even give us a fuzzy picture to make a WAG.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700

Re: Please Help to Advise Information of Purchase Order

05/31/2017 12:39 PM

Astonishing.

<...FFS...> Quite.

The organisation has received a purchase order to buy and the seller cannot match this with a quotation!

Absolutely astonishing.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 336
In reply to #3

05/31/2017 12:42 PM

probably why he's asking strangers instead of the customer.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774

05/31/2017 2:05 PM

I don't know. A metric ton can be a lot of manure or worse. Maybe you should call your local bomb squad.

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 350

05/31/2017 4:16 PM

You can send me a copy of the purchase order and I will sort this out with the customer.

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

05/31/2017 4:19 PM

Sounds like the customer is after a lot of dead weight. We have quite a few CR4 posters who I would classify as "dead weight", perhaps you can sell them to the customer.

05/31/2017 4:21 PM

In all serious though (this being April 1st), try looking into test weight sets used to test bagging system load weigh scale systems as it sounds like this is what the customer is after.

05/31/2017 8:10 PM

Dear all

it's actually weird when i must ask public like that. But it's real, i'm working at local purchase order at NSRP project , i received request for purchase from requester but unfortunately he already demobilized. This request still pending and our department nobody have knowledge about technical, that why i need the help from engineering forum.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #10

05/31/2017 8:34 PM

As I said in the previous post it sounds like test weights.

Not sure what is used in this bagging application for test weights but it will probably be some sort of precisely weighted 5kg, 10kg and 50kg weight bags rather than small steel calibration weights that wouldn't simulate a large weighted bag on a bagging machine very well.

Not sure where you would find these. Perhaps an internet search or discussion with one of your bagging machine or load cell suppliers would point you in the right direction.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
In reply to #10

06/01/2017 9:06 AM

Did the obvious solution of cancelling the order not spring to mind, then?

In reply to #10

06/01/2017 9:09 AM

It sounds as though hiring someone who <...have knowledge about technical...> is the top priority.

In reply to #13

06/01/2017 3:42 PM

It sounds like that is exactly what has happened and sonpvms has been left holding the weighted bag.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

jack of all trades (5); phoenix911 (2); PWSlack (3); redfred (2); sonpvms (2)

Previous in Forum: PV = NRT   Next in Forum: Sprocket Size and Motor Torque

Advertisement