CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Interview Questions   Next in Forum: Changing Industries Within Engineering
Close
Close
Close
Participant

Need Mech/Chem/Elec Engineers to Answer 10 Questions

06/10/2017 10:30 AM

Doing an entry level project for college prep. I need to find career experienced engineers from traditional and non-traditional education backgrounds. I want to enter this field, and the project is designed for me to be exposed to whether I find the field interesting. Obviously they don't want me changing majors midway. Questions are not mine but mandatory.

Name: (or Alias, or P.M. me for privacy)
Position: (Past or Present, or P.M. me for privacy)
Company: (Past or Present, or P.M. me for privacy)

1) How did you get started in your field?
2) What are your duties on a typical day?

3) What are the educational or training requirements?

4) What are the challenges you face in your job?

5) What skills and abilities are needed to do your type of work? (redundant to #3 I know...)

6) What is the salary range for entry level positions?

7) Do you see a demand for your occupation or future changes taking place in your field? **Feel free to rant away on this one =)

8) What college/university/school would you recommend?

9) What type of degree, certifications, etc. do employers prefer?

10) Do you have any advice, suggestions, and/or recommendations to offer me concerning this occupation?
**Thanks for getting this far! Very much appreciated.

I see my questions basically answered already on the site, but they don't stay with one engineer's POV. Sorry for the questionnaire but can't think of another way. =)

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Interview Questions   Next in Forum: Changing Industries Within Engineering

Advertisement