CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Contactor Not Automatically Energizing   Next in Forum: Industrial Installations
Close
Close
Close
18 comments
Active Contributor

Question About 220 KV Transformer's Test Results

07/05/2017 4:41 PM

FIRST I WORK ON FUZZY LOGIC SIMULINK MODEL THIS MODEL Power Transformer Fault Diagnosis, Remnant Life Estimation, Health Index Calculation , Evaluating oil condition. And Asset Management Decision using Fuzzy Logic Technique TO ACHIEVE THIS TARGET I NEED RESULT DATA FOR TEST MY MODEL THE DATA I NEED

1-DGA TEST RESULT

2- OIL CHEMICAL TEST RESULT (IFT-IFT DECREMENT -ACIDITY -NN-COLOR-.......ETC)

4- ELECTRICAL TEST ( BREAKDOWN VOLTAGE -DISSIPATION FACTOR )

5- FURAN TEST AND FURAN RATE

6- WATER CONTENT-TEMPERATURE RISE -OXYGEN )

AM SORRY FOR ASK ALOT OF TEST RESULT BUT THIS VERY PROBLEM TO FINISH MY STUDY

THANKS FOR EVERY ONE

AND SORRY FOR MY BAD LANGUAGE

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1086

Re: ASK FOR TRANSFORMERS 220 KV TESTS RESULT

07/05/2017 5:13 PM

In reply to #1

07/05/2017 5:22 PM

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR SENDING THIS USEFUL LINKS BUT I REALLY NEED ARCHIVED DATA TEST RESULT EVERY TRANSFORMER IS TESTED PERIODICALLY AND IT'S RESULT IS SAVED TO GIVE US THE PROFILE AND THE TRANSFORMER CONDITION I NEED THIS RESULT TO PUT IT LIKE INPUTS IN MY MODEL

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #2

07/05/2017 6:28 PM

In reply to #3

07/06/2017 1:03 AM

i don't working in transformer station and i don't have access or equipment to do this tests i work in technical office for construction and electromechanical work company so i can't do this test my self

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697
In reply to #6

07/06/2017 3:07 AM

So use the resources that are available to <...us...>. There has to be an <...us...> otherwise there would be no point in creating such a model!

In reply to #6

07/06/2017 8:46 AM

In reply to #11

07/06/2017 10:40 AM

Thanks very much for you i'm sorry for NUISANCE you I VERY APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
In reply to #2

07/06/2017 2:58 AM

Please KEEP THE NOISE DOWN! Some readers here are trying to get some sleep!

Good Answers: 17
In reply to #2

07/06/2017 9:56 AM

You would like test data from an existing population of transformers, assuming all of the tests have been completed on any one particular unit.

Perhaps the history of these tests taken annually, on one particular unit, over some number of years, and for as many units as you have the capacity to process.

Your best source for this data could be your local public utility, where they might let you visit in person and assemble the data. That way you could have some control over the contents of your population, and not mix different transformer types, sealing design, dielectric / cooling fluid, etc.

They might have a commercial interest in your project, especially if the methods they have now are unreliable.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #12

07/06/2017 10:33 AM

thanks very much

but the problem in my utility some tests like furan analysis and furan rate not achieved and lack of data i try before in this way but i didn't find any useful data

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 113
In reply to #13

07/06/2017 2:25 PM

Some tests that you request are not performed frequently, especially furan tests. Often they are only performed when there is some other indicator that would suggest a problem that furan tests can confirm (such as signs of long-term overheating). Also, they are not always extremely accurate, because the concentrations of furanals in oil do not always correlate well to the actual deterioration of the insulating paper. The best furan tests are done on samples of the actual paper, but that requires removing the transformer oil and trying to get samples from the coils of the transformer. That is not practical in the field.

So requesting such data is nice, but it is not too realistic. Utilities may do general oil quality tests regularly (dielectric, IFT, color, acidity) as well as dissolved gases. They may do power factor/dissipation factor sometimes, but they do furans infrequently. Therefore you probably will not be able to get a complete data set from anyone on all their transformers.

The other challenge is to understand what it means. Unless you already have a diagnostic standard, how are you going to evaluate to determine that a specific transformer is good or bad when you enter its data into your tool? You need to figure that out also.

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #2

07/06/2017 2:18 PM

Please dear, do not use all capitals, as some here will think you are shouting at them with a loud and boisterous voice.

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 744

07/05/2017 6:50 PM

QUIT SHOUTING.

Good Answers: 765
In reply to #4

07/05/2017 8:03 PM

Maybe he is a deaf web user and doesn't realize it?

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Active Contributor

Good Answers: 1

07/06/2017 3:02 AM

You will want to get in touch with DOBLE ENGINEERING, . . . as their claim to fame is haveing test data on thousands of transformers from all over the world.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru

In reply to #8

07/06/2017 3:10 AM

Whether the organisation will release its data for others to use is quite another matter, though. After all, some data is commercially sensitive.

Good Answers: 143

07/06/2017 2:21 PM

"bad language" - I saw no profanity, (laughs). You need not shout, we can "hear" you just fine in lower case alphabet.

Ask for lifetime data from your transformer suppliers (SIEMENS, GE?)

If they will not provide the data, then you must attempt to google it (search).

Otherwise, you will be left to build up your own data for extant conditions in Saudi Arabia. May God bring you peace.

Good Answers: 2

Re: Question About 220 KV Transformer's Test Results

07/10/2017 12:12 AM

You should contact a Transformer manufacturer who can give you the data from his data base

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

haysam (4); IWANUSIW (1); James Stewart (2); nesubra (1); PeterT (1); PWSlack (3); rwilliams (1); SolarEagle (3); tcmtech (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: Contactor Not Automatically Energizing   Next in Forum: Industrial Installations

Advertisement