CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Vapour Barrier in Built-in Freezer   Next in Forum: Removing Moisture in Biogas Pipeline (Malaysia)
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Participant

LPG Design

07/06/2017 3:20 AM

Hello everyone,

I want to design LPG system for a 30 floor residential project. Please give me the factors which are taken into considerations while designing the LPG system.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697

Re: LPG Design

07/06/2017 3:46 AM

Here's a start:

• Qualifications and experience of the Designer
  • Qualifications and experience of the second person checking the design
  • Qualifications, experience and liability parameters surrounding the individual who approves the design for construction purposes
  • Local Building Regulations
  • Local planning approval process
  • Method of charging the store
  • Location of the store
  • Size of the store
  • Properties of the contents of the store
  • Designed rate of consumption of the contents of the store
  • Ambient temperature and humidity ranges
  • Local insolation
  • Overpressure release facilities and local ventilation; proximity to other buildings/structures/people
  • The input of the local Fire Authority's Fire Prevention Adviser
  • The input of the facility's fire indemnity insurance company
  • Local seismological records
  • Storage security
  • Building structure and its fire retardent properties, especially in light of the recent Grenfell Tower catastrophe
  • Etc.
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697

07/06/2017 4:40 AM

Oh, and also

• the design procedures of the organisation carrying out the design activity.

Good Answers: 117
In reply to #2

07/07/2017 8:59 AM

Is use of gas (mains or LPG) banned in UK high-rises, do you happen to know? I seem to remember a ban coming in after an accident in the late 60s, when an explosion blew out a wall and the whole corner of the building collapsed.

Canada - Member - If there is a way to screw someting up, there is someone to do so! Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 136

07/06/2017 9:44 AM

Why does this cause me to think that this is the beginning of a CNN story that we will see in 10 years about a 30 floor residential building blown to bits.

If you need to come here to ask these questions, you are not the person to be designing this system.

Location: Baytown Tx. USA where you get your gasoline,chemicals,plastics and floods
Good Answers: 5
In reply to #3

07/06/2017 12:48 PM

If you have to ask about this implementation on a forum then you are not qualified to accomplish the task.

Find somebody that does this for a living, study their design,ask questions, learn ,then someday i would feel safe in your building.

Good Answers: 536
In reply to #3

07/06/2017 1:23 PM

What could possibly go wrong???

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #5

07/06/2017 2:25 PM

Just what I was thinking....

1. Do not place the LNG vaporizer in the basement.
  2. Do not light a gas grill in the basement while operating the vaporizer in the basement
  3. Do not light a cigar in the basement while operating the gas grill or the vaporizer in the basement.
  4. You are in over your head, be careful not to flood the basement when the fire starts.
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 345

07/06/2017 3:38 PM

Desire is not enough in this case. Hire a professional, we cannot teach you how to do this.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Codemaster (1); jack of all trades (1); James Stewart (1); North of 60 (1); PWSlack (2); Rixter (1); ronc (1)

Previous in Forum: Vapour Barrier in Built-in Freezer   Next in Forum: Removing Moisture in Biogas Pipeline (Malaysia)

Advertisement