CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Question About 220 KV Transformer's Test Results   Next in Forum: What is the Spring's Function in CT Measure?
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Associate
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - seek knowledge

Industrial Installations

07/07/2017 9:01 AM

Please I need to know about Lv connections & installations in factories where food beverages and plastics are produced?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697

Re: Industrial installations

07/07/2017 9:03 AM

Then ask.

Good Answers: 1086

Re: Industrial installations

07/07/2017 11:12 AM
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 744

Re: Industrial Installations

07/07/2017 2:34 PM

[Deleted--posted to incorrect thread.]

United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 174

07/07/2017 8:12 PM

Is there a particular reason you need to know about food factory LV supplies?

In reply to #4

07/08/2017 7:47 AM

Yes,I am applying for a job in these industry,been out of touch,wanted to update my self,hope to get acquainted in case of interview or others

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #5

07/08/2017 11:59 AM

It would help if we knew where abouts in the word you are. The two main codes are NEC (Americas) or IEC (Europe and much of Asia). Each have their own set of codes or regulations.

Engineering work in the food industry is difficult due to hygiene requirements. For some reason customers don’t like nuts and bolts in their food. I’ve worked in the food industry twice as an engineering supervisor, I would never go back to it.

In reply to #4

07/08/2017 1:58 PM

Yes,I am a technician in it,being out of touch for a while,I wanted to update myself, seeking for employment in those industries

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #7

07/08/2017 3:23 PM

Not wanting to labour a point, where are you?

Good Answers: 10

07/19/2017 11:12 PM

For factories where food beverages and plastics are produced, the intake of the power supply is 11kV (some other country may not the same) and thru a transformer they are step down to 3 phase 433V/50hz but in this case, in America or other Europe country it may be 3 phase 480V/60hz. (correct me if I am wrong) and the single phase is 240V/50hz and in America or other Europe country it may used to say 2 hot wire at 110v or 220v.

Equipment are either operated on 3 phase system at 480V/60hz or 2 hot wire system (Single phase system). It all depend upon the equipment design and operating voltage requirement. For control system, such as signal relay, control relays, sensor, limit switch, level indicator, PLC, contactor and other control parts may use 24Vdc/ac, 48Vdc, 110Vac.

In generally, all the equipment and machines electrical motor are operated with 3 phase system but there is also some of the electrical induction motor are operated by single phase system.

Transformer sizing are depend upon the total factory equipment loading and the total power requirement. Some factory may have a very big transformer and some factory may have a smaller transformer.

This is just a general information only.

Management is just like a bunch of Monkey sitting on a tall tree. Some climb to the highest branch and some at the lowest branch. The highest Monkey look down and see a lot of happy faces but the lower Monkey looks up and see nothing but all the....
Register to Reply
Register to Reply 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

dgoldwaters (2); PWSlack (1); Simon Wan (1); SolarEagle (1); TonyS (3); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: Question About 220 KV Transformer's Test Results   Next in Forum: What is the Spring's Function in CT Measure?

Advertisement