CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Torque Needed By Auger Drill   Next in Forum: Tutorial Material for High School Robotics Program
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Beckhoff PLC and Twin-Cat

07/17/2017 2:26 AM

Dear All Friend,

Good morning,

We are using our thermoforming m/c beckhoff twin-cat system but we are facing reguler the communication error some o/p, i/p module are braking the communication while m/c is running or stop condition so we are getting uneven alarm, ethercate module are Ek 1100, i/p modules are EL 1008, o/p module are El2008.

Please suggest us the possible reasion in this case what to do?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Power-User

Good Answers: 5

Re: Beckhoff PLC & Twin-cat

07/17/2017 4:45 AM

1. Confirm that your cable is appropriate for the frequency. According to the datasheet, you need "Ethernet/EtherCAT cable (min. CAT 5), shielded". Use a CAT6 or CAT7 to make sure it is not EM noise. Ethernet cable must be as short as possible.

2. Reduce communication speed.

3. Disable System Interrupts on you Windows PC. It drains your CPU power with the highest priority.

4. Give real time priority to the software provided by Beckoff.

5. Review your code.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697

Re: Beckhoff PLC & Twin-Cat

07/17/2017 11:21 AM

Before all that:

0. Get on the phone to the original equipment manufacturer and talk the problem through with someone from its Technical Helpline.

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #2

07/17/2017 12:25 PM

As PWSlack so eloquently stated in plain English: Make the Call!

OEM knows best!

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 697

07/17/2017 12:38 PM

"Beckhoff?"

"Oh, Good Morning. It's Anonymous Poster #1 here. Hello. I'd like some technical help with an <...ethercate...PLC...module...> that goes with a <...twin-cat...thermoforming m/c...> system, please. May I talk the current problem through with someone who knows more about these things than I do, please?"

This training is free-of-charge on this occasion.

Please post the solution below so that other readers can benefit from the outcome of the discussion?

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #4

07/17/2017 1:33 PM

ROFLMAO! This is the current state-of-the-art....

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Ivanov327950 (1); James Stewart (2); PWSlack (2)

Previous in Forum: Torque Needed By Auger Drill   Next in Forum: Tutorial Material for High School Robotics Program

Advertisement