CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Power Factor Compensation   Next in Forum: Current Transformer Question
Close
Close
Close
6 comments

Temperature Mapping in Tray Dryers

08/25/2017 9:30 AM

Hey guys I am from a pharmaceuticals industry, in many of our industries we are doing temperature mapping in tray dryers for 8 hrs initially and there after for 4 years once in every 3 years, on what basis did we fix this??

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 209

Re: Temperature Mapping in Tray Dryers

08/25/2017 11:14 AM

Fix what?? Not sure if it's just me or not but I don't understand your post at all.

"we are doing temperature mapping in tray dryers for 8 hrs initially and there after for 4 years once in every 3 years, on what basis did we fix this??" ?????

Please clarify.

Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member United States - Member - New Member

In reply to #1

08/25/2017 1:31 PM

Why was this marked off topic after the fact? I asked the O.P. for clarification on his or her post because I truly don't understand what he or she is asking. I do have some knowledge of temperature mapping of ovens, I do it every 3 months on our curing ovens per ISO 16949 requirements. I may be able to help but need to understand what they are asking.

Good Answers: 1588

08/25/2017 11:47 AM

"8 hrs initially and there after for 4 years once in every 3 years" Needs restating.

You might try using a language translator to help you.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru

Good Answers: 1588

08/25/2017 1:42 PM

These OT markings are AN INSULT!

They must surely be discriminatory and vindictive, because they were not out of line in any way!

Maybe whoever marked them OT would care to explain to those of us too stupid to understand what "for 8 hrs initially and there after for 4 years once in every 3 years, on what basis did we fix this" actually means because I surely don't know!

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

08/25/2017 4:00 PM

As I stated earlier, I do temperature profiling (mapping) in all of our cure ovens at work. I use a DataPaq Easy Track 2. This is done in the requirements of ISO 16949 (formally TS-16949).

This is not much more than a preventative measure to insure even heating in the ovens, hot zones, no dead zones, time at temp, etc.. It would tell us if our ovens had a problem and would tell us where to fix it (in the traveling ovens).

My questions to you are, what is the purpose of your mapping? Is it do to a standard such as mine, or was there a problem with the dryer?. Also I need clarification on the timing that you mentioned, I don't understand. What did you fix, or what do you think you need to fix?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700

08/29/2017 3:25 AM

Without a definition of the <...we...> and the design records that the <...we...> used to commission the plant, how on earth is the forum supposed to answer (rhetorical question - NNTR)?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

JPool (3); lyn (2); PWSlack (1)

Previous in Forum: Power Factor Compensation   Next in Forum: Current Transformer Question

Advertisement