Close
Close
Close
10 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Underground Cable Design

08/28/2017 11:35 AM

Hi,

Why is the open loop configuration predominant design in underground cable design? because - this configuration provides facility to isolate any fault?

Best Regards,

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774

Re: Underground cable design.

08/28/2017 11:45 AM

You've not defined your question well enough for a cogent answer. Additionally, only an antenna will not have a hardwire return path.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #1

08/28/2017 4:39 PM

this is with reference to electric power cables (underground system) in electrical power distribution.

Best Regards,

Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774
In reply to #2

08/28/2017 8:23 PM

I mention the only wiring system I know of that does not include a return cable in my request for more information. You only add that this is not my assumption of RF power but some form of underground (mining, railroad tunnel, fallout shelter, etc?) power system with an undefined open loop configuration in a very polite manner. I appreciate the politeness in your response. I cannot help you without further content.

Good Day.

Good Answers: 1586
In reply to #2

08/28/2017 10:07 PM

The power will be very upset when it reaches the end of the cable and can't get home, nor do any work.

It loves mother earth!

Power-User

Good Answers: 1

Re: Underground Cable Design

08/29/2017 2:37 AM

You post a question in a website. Please don't think that members can answer your question without enough details. There are various methods in different countries. Are you referring to a 11kV,33kV medium voltage distribution?

Good Answers: 1

08/29/2017 2:46 AM

Hi..open loop or ring system is quite usual if not preferred..as each section of loop is normally fed by it,s own transformer..it reduces prospective fault level and only one section of system will loose power should it trip.regards

Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Anonymous Poster #2

08/30/2017 1:38 PM

Hi,

Why is AP#1 always asking poorly worded question with no information to determine what is actually needed?

Abuse/Attack: This post was deleted because it was an attack on another user. Please review the Site FAQ and the Rules of Conduct.

Guru

Good Answers: 1586
In reply to #7

08/30/2017 2:15 PM

Is that why you are posting anonymously?

Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Commodore 64 - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Location: Illinois, 7 county region (The 'blue dot' that drags the rest of the 'red state' around during presidential elections.)
Good Answers: 87
In reply to #8

08/30/2017 2:54 PM

That does seem to be par for the course, Lyn; if AP#1 starts a new thread with a question, AP#2 shows up to pick on AP#1.

Sometimes AP#3 chimes in to call out #2, sometimes #3 joins in on tearing into #1, sometimes #3 doesn't show up at all.

Despite being 'controlled' by multiple people, the personalities of the three 'characters' seem quite stable and predictable. It's as predictable as Crabtree calling someone 'Mildred' when he is frustrated by their lack of a clue, or TCMTech finding a way to tie Yet Another Funny Story about his crazy (now ex-)wife or his moronic neighbors into a thread.

( The opinions espressed in this post may not reflect the true opinions of the poster, and may not reflect commonly accepted versions of reality. ) (If you are wondering: yes, I DO hope to live to be as old as my jokes.)
Guru

Good Answers: 10

09/10/2017 10:29 PM

Boy i really dont get what is his question.

Management is just like a bunch of Monkey sitting on a tall tree. Some climb to the highest branch and some at the lowest branch. The highest Monkey look down and see a lot of happy faces but the lower Monkey looks up and see nothing but all the....
Reply to Forum Thread 10 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

adreasler (1); Alanvaderi (1); Anonymous Poster (2); George O Martin (1); lyn (2); redfred (2); Simon Wan (1)

Previous in Forum: Tie Lines   Next in Forum: Generator Emergency Shutdown

Advertisement