CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Pump NPSHA and TDH   Next in Forum: What to Do When Your Furnace Misbehaves
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Participant

Interview

09/15/2017 8:47 AM

I was wondering if there was any engineers who i could interview on here. Its for school and id really appreciate it!

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 700

Re: Interview

09/15/2017 9:08 AM

Not really. The forum is global, and anonymous. A face-to-face discussion is unlikely. So, invitation declined.

Try "Anonymous Poster #1" instead, perhaps?

Guru
CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - CR4 Moderator Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #1

09/15/2017 9:15 AM

This^^^.

Check out /r/engineering. On the right side menu there is a list of engineers who are open to interviews.

If you get stuck, PM me and I might be able to arrange something.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 152

09/15/2017 11:55 AM

You could not even get an interview with a vampire from this site. Engineers don't do homework, but HUSH has a great resource link for you!

Good Answers: 1588

09/15/2017 3:06 PM

Some of the members here, including me, have tried these "interview" questions before. Not very successfully.

Some wanted an introspective reason for why you chose your particular field, then went on to sound more like a sociology assignment than an interview for engineers, others wanted too much personal information.

Hush has a great lead for you.

Did your instruction give you any advice?

Register to Reply
Guru
CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - CR4 Moderator United States - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

Good Answers: 12

09/15/2017 3:39 PM

Lyn makes an excellent point. Before you make an appointment for your interview, you should be able to tell the interviewee why you want the interview, the kinds of information you want, and about how much time you'll need.

For example: you have an assignment to talk to a person who is working in a career you think might interest you. You plan to ask what the person's job is, what degree(s) are needed, how long she or he has had the job, what s/he likes, what s/he doesn't like as much, what other engineering work s/he has done. The interview will last 45 to 50 minutes. If you plan out what you're going to ask, you'll have your paper half-written already.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru

Good Answers: 113

09/16/2017 8:45 AM

Yes.. you can call me.... private message me for details
I don't need to know what you want to ask, only the subject/discipline

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

BestInShow (1); brich (1); HUSH (1); James Stewart (1); lyn (1); PWSlack (1)

Previous in Forum: Pump NPSHA and TDH   Next in Forum: What to Do When Your Furnace Misbehaves

Advertisement