CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: October Snowfall Record Breaks   Next in Forum: Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Guru
Canada - Member - If there is a way to screw someting up, there is someone to do so! Safety - Hazmat - New Member

Good Answers: 137

Enough is Enough...

10/04/2017 12:23 PM

All right kids, it is time to grow up a tad.

Before this very valuable resource (CR4) falls further down the curve towards being of no relevance anymore...

It is high time that the amount of personal attacks and comments pertaining to each others intelligence and held beliefs we see around here are drastically reduced.

This is an engineering forum, where common courtesy and respect are not only expected but seem to be the minimum that each of us should bring to our interaction with others here.

It is time we discuss these issues as adults and professionals, if you find yourself not able to do so, please go find a play-pen to play in.

Enough is enough...

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Don't Know What Made The Old Title Attractive... Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - 60 Year Member

Good Answers: 263

Re: Enough is Enough...

10/04/2017 3:54 PM

Well, North of 60, I wanted to comment on your discussion points...

but I don't really need somebody pickin' at me today.

Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Old Member, New Association

Good Answers: 72

Re: Enough is Enough...

10/04/2017 4:07 PM

Well said. I suppose a little bit of teasing is OK, but the trolls need to get back under their bridges.

I always shake my head when someone says, "You should act like a professional!"

As if there was a universal definition as to what that is. While some comments are intended to be funny, it is just like e-mail. You can't see how the person receiving that comment is going to take it.

Granted, there are some who struggle with communication, but that is no reason to belittle them. This is one of the reasons for being able to post anonymously because all to frequently one comes to realize that they are way outside their comfort zone for tackling an insurmountable problem. Bosses can be and frequently are much more ignorant about what they ask for of their underlings. They want expertise without paying for it. Something for nothing. All too common.

Just remember this; you can report anyone at any time for acting like a troll. Perhaps that would put a stop to it if more people did. In a word, be diplomatic.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: October Snowfall Record Breaks   Next in Forum: Nobel Prize in Chemistry

Advertisement