CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Butterfly Wing and Thin Film Solar Cell   Next in Forum: More (LED) Light Pollution, Not Less!
Close
Close
Close
11 comments
Power-User

Good Answers: 4

Anti-matter, Black-holes, Sun's Energy, and Gravity Theory

11/22/2017 7:35 PM

I checked out some YouTube videos on this subject and got into a debate. In another discussion on this site, I questioned present theory, and gave my reason why I doubted the present understanding of black-holes and the sun's energy mechanisms by gravity. Well now, this also includes anti-matter. It started out with someone saying that when normal-matter and anti-matter contact, they annihilate each other and explode. I said, wait a minute. If they annihilate, there should be an implosion instead of an explosion. After a while they finally said, anti-matter still exhibits positive-mass properties with an opposite charge. Then I said, in that case they wouldn't annihilate each other. But it got me thinking of a new theory. It would explain a different mechanism for the formation of black-holes and suns. I never could believe the present theory of the gravitational formation. Normal-matter-gravity is and never will be a concentrated point-source. The best it can do, is gather together a loose clump of particles with the atom itself being the highest concentration achievable. Now, here's my theory. When normal-matter and "anti-matter" contact, instead of annihilation, the positrons, negative-protons, and counter-neutrons pass thru the electron orbits and just join the normal-particles, without annihilation. That way, the mass density at LEAST doubles. And instead of the normal-fusion of hydrogen in the sun, it's actually the fusion of normal-hydrogen and counter-hydrogen. The heat from the reaction keeps runaway/simultaneous reactions from occurring. As the energy escapes the sun, more normal-hydrogen and counter-hydrogen fusions can occur. This kind of fusion process would actually produce the kind of gravitational density required to keep it together and even produce black-holes. My question to you is, "Am I on the right track, or am I missing something?".

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru

Good Answers: 588

Re: Anti-matter, Black-holes, Sun's Energy, and Gravity Thereoy

11/22/2017 8:07 PM

A lot of experimental data supports the accepted theories of physics. We're way beyond scrapping everything and starting over. My money is on the scientists are right.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 3)
Guru

Good Answers: 73
In reply to #1

11/22/2017 10:23 PM

.. except most of what's we know is only what we think we know you know?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 703
In reply to #3

11/23/2017 2:57 AM

How abstruse.

Good Answers: 73
In reply to #4

11/23/2017 8:25 AM

Exactly!

Good Answers: 1140

11/22/2017 8:30 PM

Good Answers: 167

11/24/2017 10:43 AM

"...with the atom itself being the highest concentration achievable."

Hardly! The vast majority of the space inside an atom is empty! The vast majority of the mass of an atom is in the nucleus, which is many orders of magnitude smaller than the complete atom with electrons.

It's not at all difficult to imagine conditions where those electrons could be forced to combine with the protons of the nucleus, leaving mostly or entirely neutrons and few or no repulsive forces to keep the atoms separated, as they are in ordinary matter.

In reply to #6

11/24/2017 1:12 PM

"It's not at all difficult to imagine conditions where those electrons could be forced to combine with the protons of the nucleus, leaving mostly or entirely neutrons and few or no repulsive forces to keep the atoms separated, as they are in ordinary matter."

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying that electrons can "fall" into the nucleus to combine with protons to form single neutrons? I agree that that would cancel out the average charge of the nucleus. But i'm not so sure that there would be any nuclear bonds/mergings between those particles. I've never heard of that kind of reaction. It seems to me that it would just be two particles with an electrostatic attraction. Can you point me to a place that explains that?

"...as they are in ordinary matter."?

What kind of matter are you talking about? electrons, protons, and neutrons sounds like ordinary matter to me.

"Hardly! The vast majority of the space inside an atom is empty! The vast majority of the mass of an atom is in the nucleus, which is many orders of magnitude smaller than the complete atom with electrons."

I don't see the relevance. Everybody knows that.

In reply to #7

11/25/2017 3:34 PM

Mr-Darwin,

My movie-opinion: why not the particles opposite charges rotational collision could create a gravitational field?

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #8

11/25/2017 11:53 PM

Resulting in what?

Good Answers: 167
In reply to #7

11/25/2017 4:37 PM

First, although I was educated in electronics and physics, and taught physics and related subjects at high school and college levels for 32 years, I'm very far from being a nuclear physicist!

Ignoring quarks, gluons, etc., It has been well known for a long time that the mass of a neutron is close to the sum of the masses of a proton and an electron. It's also well known that different forces tend to act at different distances, so many of the forces that apply within the nucleus have very little effect at larger distances. Electrons are normally located relatively far from the nucleus. Thus it does not take a lot of imagination to conceive of a set of conditions, probably including extreme pressure, where one or more electrons could be forced into the nuclear space. Likewise, it sounds conceivable that when forced into the nuclear space, an electron could (directly or indirectly) join with a proton to form a neutron.

Of course if this should occur, that nucleus would then be a (probably unstable) nucleus of the next element DOWN the periodic table (since it then has one fewer proton), and I'm not at all in a position to even guess what would happen next.

In your original post, you said "...with the atom itself being the highest concentration achievable." The atom is certainly NOT "...the highest concentration achievable."

In a plasma, the electrons are independent of the nuclei, and those nuclei certainly have a higher concentration of mass than did the previous atoms with their electrons.

I'm certainly open to being educated further by someone whose knowledge is more up-to-date than mine.

In reply to #9

11/26/2017 12:05 AM

"... including extreme pressure, where one or more electrons could be forced into the nuclear space." Where does this extreme pressure come from? Surely not gravity.

"In a plasma, the electrons are independent of the nuclei, and those nuclei certainly have a higher concentration of mass than did the previous atoms with their electrons." Maybe so. But, with +charged free nuclei bouncing around, That +charge prevents them from too close together. And again, gravity is too weak to form a fusion reaction.

However, if anti-matter is only different because of its charge, then the nuclei would not repel each other. Then a fusion reaction could occur without any fictional gravitational force needed.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Dennis R. Levesque (3); dkwarner (2); JE in Chicago (2); Jose1 (1); PWSlack (1); Rixter (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Butterfly Wing and Thin Film Solar Cell   Next in Forum: More (LED) Light Pollution, Not Less!

Advertisement